• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Instructor Abuse?

What more is there to add, there is a way to explain this WITHOUT this tactic

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not the best instructor when it comes to the kids program but I think I could have done better than that. I believe he could have just talked to your child and got the point across and then helped the other child in the area he needed help with no one getting knocked down or hurt. My question here is this the regular instructor? Sounds like this person is only use to dealing with adults.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you could call it a power punch if he was kneeling. When you're on your knees, you don't have an extremely solid base as if you were standing. Perhaps it looked like a power punch due to the upper body motion, but I'm sure that the actual force of the impact wasn't as strong as it looked. As per the incident, I'm not entirely sure what to think on this one. On the one hand, I can understand he wanted to make a point. Our shihan does the same thing (one time even sending a poor guy flying out the window) but on the other hand, it is just a children's class. I doubt he's teaching them how to crush someone's larynx or break collarbones.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think that's pretty low. I've taught kid's classes before and I would never even think of doing something like that. That's irresponsible and, quite frankly, insulting to black belts and instructors in general.

Take your kid and get out of there. Find another dojo. That's... that's just wrong.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

Definitely wrong - and to be frank I have an issue with young children holding pads for each other in the first place. If you need padholders, ask mom and dad to come out on the floor.

If you decide to leave, you need to be clear to the instructor that this is the reason. He needs to understand that improper actions cost him students.

Definitely wrong - and to be frank I have an issue with young children holding pads for each other in the first place. If you need padholders, ask mom and dad to come out on the floor.

In our dojo, the children can hold pads for anyone. One of the students one time was holding a pad for our instructor so that he could demonstrate a backwards back kick. However, when doing it as a class, you usually get paired up with someone close to your height and age.

I found that okay, only to come back a few days later with a hole in the wall at the dojo. :roll:

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)