• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Instructor Abuse?

My 5 year old daughter is a white belt in an American karate school. She is been studying for about a month. She was partnered up with another white belt for pad work tonight. This boy is 4 and small. She was punching the bag and he was losing his balance due to not holding the bag properly. The instructor comes over and asks my daughter to hold the pad and he kneels down and power punches it as if an adult was holding it knocking her on her rear and back hard. Proceeds to tell her she needs to control her punches power when smaller people are holding the pads. Then he goes over and tries teach the 4 year old how to hold the pad. Now, Im a parent that believes she will have to take some bumps and bruises along her journey, but I was sitting there watching this about as mad as a Father could be, but didnt interfere because my daughter wasnt injured

I would like to hear some opinions from instructors on this incident. Thank you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Agreed! Take your child out and go to a different school right away. Also let them know why you are leaving so perhaps some other child does not get hurt in the future.

You definitely need to approach classes for children differently than adults. Sounds like that instructor needs to some training on working with children.

Agreed! Take your child out and go to a different school right away. Also let them know why you are leaving so perhaps some other child does not get hurt in the future.

Absolutely!

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

WRONG!

I would take my child to another school-there is no place for that kind of behavior in a children's martial arts program!!!

8)

I also agree!

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

This instructor was WRONG! If you're not subjective to a contract, leave asap. Irregardless....LEAVE ASAP!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Wow...not how I would have handled that situation. Very weird.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 1 year later...
WRONG!

I would take my child to another school-there is no place for that kind of behavior in a children's martial arts program!!!

8)

I also agree!

I also also agree- that is outrageous :kaioken:

OSS! Shimizu Yuuhiro Shodan Shukokai Karate-Do

Yoon Kwan Ilgop Kup ITF Tae Kwon-Do