• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opponent' trying to make fed up by makeing the same strikes.

Soheir

Hey!

I hope to have some advices on kumite.

We sparr on Kyokushin rules; no hits to head, no strikes to groin nor backside of the body. Full contact, and no striking when the opponent is down.

Do you have any ideas, what could I do, when I get an opponent that keeps hiting on my arm. The same side and place always. I don't know what could I do, 'cause, if I hit, he hits if I don't, he hits. I can kick, but not all the time. I'm always fighting on the same side.. so I'm pretty much blocking everything on the same arm too :roll:

Edited by Soheir

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To quote the great Mr. Miagi from Karate Kid II..

"The best block is to not be there".

Work on Tai Sabaki techniques. When he punches move out of the way, and punch him back.

The opponent is trying to get you to move your guard. When you do, he will strike more vital targets. Work on your foot work so you're not a stationary target.

Take satisfaction that you are making it difficult for him to hit you. If he's hitting your arms, he's not breaking ribs or taking your wind away. There's always a tradeoff when you block a technique...in this case you trade a few bruises for the right to keep breathing.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

The opponent is trying to get you to move your guard. When you do, he will strike more vital targets. Work on your foot work so you're not a stationary target.

Take satisfaction that you are making it difficult for him to hit you. If he's hitting your arms, he's not breaking ribs or taking your wind away. There's always a tradeoff when you block a technique...in this case you trade a few bruises for the right to keep breathing.

You are right on that..it's better than hitting somewhere else, but, it sometimes takes my mind of everything else, I'm starting to concertrate on that more than I should. I'm trying to hit when he hits, whitch isn't bad when thinking that he gets it somewhere worse than I do, But in long time, it starts really irretating :roll: especially, when we are hiting hard.

And yeah, I can move out, but it's quit useless, 'cause right when I come back to strike, he hits, before or after.

I can't really switch the side, it would make it hard for me to fight too.

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

Don't move out, move off line. That way you can strike at the same time without having to physically block. The fact that your off line is your block but still in range to strike. Yes easier said then done but something to work on that will save you some brusies.

Don't move out, move off line. That way you can strike at the same time without having to physically block. The fact that your off line is your block but still in range to strike. Yes easier said then done but something to work on that will save you some brusies.

I have to keep that in mind and practice, thanks! :)

And thanks from everyone's answers! I appreciate your help.