• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many train to be warriors and don't believe in fighting?

I'm not referring to those who are in it only for the art. We are truly the warrior class.(actually our soldiers are) If it were so in our society. I know it sounds silly. But we either believe we are or are making a mockery? Yes no maybe??

This doesn't mean starting trouble either. Choose your battles yes.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in fighting. I don't like fighting and I've never been in a fist fight in my life with anyone other than my sisters and I would like to keep it that way, but I'm by no means a pacifist. I'm gung ho and ready to go if needed.

I don't like to fight either, but, if it comes looking for me, I believe that I'm prepared for whatever comes my way. Either I'll lose or I'll win, but I'll put up a real good fight; as good of a fight as I can from what I have to offer. Am a warrior? Only to the sense that I've got at least one great fight left inside of me. I pray that I've not trained all of these many, many years in vain.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I can't say that I've been in a fight since grade school but I think I have fight in me. The more I train the more I wonder where my skill level truly is. Its one thing to kick a bag or kick at a person while sparring but I wonder if I will be effective in the real world. i pull my kicks and punches and I think I've learned better control as my training has progressed but what if I didn't pull a kick or punch....? As I stated in another thread, questions like these are making me examine myself as a fighter, maybe for the first time in my life. My desire to be a better fighter has me wondering if the next step is an amateur fight. I'm not a manic :D but I wonder what it would be like to go full contact.

As most others have said in this thread: I dislike fighting, but I will definitely fight if one comes looking for me.

I am no pacifist, I can tell you that. But I am not the kind of person to start a fight. As a practitioner of Katsujinken, I believe that one should only fight to protect themselves or others, as well as maintain control over ones self and not severely injure the opponent. But sometimes you have to do what you've gotta do.

• 5 months later...

I believe in fighting because my attacker(s) believe in fighting!! I just hope and pray that my belief is much more stronger than my attacker(s) belief!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!