• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where do you like to live?

mycoolgirl

Do you like, where you live, or do you wish you were in a different country or continent...Sometimes I wish I was living in the us as there are so many opportunities, and go ahead, that outside members would not get, like even to get a cc . Its quiet easier to get a card in us than in most places, each country as its advantages and disadvantages, for me "there’s no place like home" ...What are your thoughts on this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm pretty happy where I am. Sure it gets very cold in the winter but all my close frinds are right around the corner. I have the Rocky Mountians close by and I enjoy hiking through them (always a new adventure).

Friends have kept us were we are. No reason to leave or want to be any place else.

For the most part, if I'm in the U.S. and have high speed internet, I'm good. :)

Patrick

As for the country I live in, I love being here in the U.S. Though its a large country and there are many other parts of the country beyond my current home that I would think would be awesome places to live if I ever had the opportunity to move there.

I <3 L.A.! I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. There's so much diversity here and so much to experience!

I know people who have gone surfing and skiing on the same day! There are theme parks, theaters, museums, movie studios, great shopping, and great food. Within a 40 minute or so drive from my house is downtown L.A., Malibu Beach, the desert, mountains, and farmland. If I remember correctly, and I might not, my high school had kids from over 60 different countries. I've been fortunate to have friends from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.

Oh, and do I need to mention the great weather?

Of course, there are downsides, too (crowds, crime, smog), but much of that can be avoided, depending on where you live.

It's not for everyone, but I love L.A.!

Where do you live, mycoolgirl?

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

I tried to live in Hawaii when I was 18 because my family and I vacationed in Hawaii a lot, but, then I realized that I was stuck on an island and I left Hawaii FAST and went back to the San Fernando Valley in So Cal.

So, NO HAWAII for me! I've visited many places here in the USA and overseas, but, I love So Cal: I love the USA!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

...and went back to the San Fernando Valley in So Cal.

OT: Are you still in the Valley? For some reason, I thought I remembered reading you were far away. I grew up in Hollywood, but I'm in the Valley now. Our business, ASE Martial Arts Supply, is in Chatsworth.

I've lived in the Valley from 1958 - 1999. I lived in Van Nuys, Canoga Park, North Hollywood, and Burbank. The first USA Shindokan dojo was in Canoga Park at the corner of Sherman Way and Owensmouth. When I had my own dojo, The Kyuodan Dojo, it was located at 17601 Sherman Way, just east of White Oak and Sherman Way on the north side of Sherman Way, and I stayed there from 1981 - 1999.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've lived in Australia (Canberra, Sydney), London and now Tokyo. All have strengths and weaknesses. I've come to the conclusion that most places can be fun as long as you've a circle of good friends to hang out with, find some people who share your passions (training!), and make the most of what is there. I've never lived on the beach though - want to one day.

Cheers,

Tony

I grew up in New Hampshire and that's where I am now. I like it here-- it's beautiful and I've got my synagogue and karate class here, but I am so over the snow and almost all of my friends have moved away and I haven't made new ones, so I'm very bored a lot.

I went to college in central Virginia and I love it there. That would be a place I can see myself eventually ending up permenantly. It's just so beautiful there, it snows just the right amount, I love the southern culture, and I still have a few very good friends there.

Next month I'm moving to New Mexico to the high desert for a year or two. I can't comment on it yet, but although I'm eager for the experience, it's not a place I can see myself staying for longer than that year or two.

I'd also love to live in Alaska for a year or two, again just for the experience. I think I want to move around a bit experiencing different places in the US before settling down somewhere.