• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SHUKOKAI

B Chamier

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
It was said that due to the double hip twist that Shukokai punches were the strongest in Karate. However have you seen the videos of Mas Oyama killing the charging bull with one punch?

punches are strong or weak in the practitioner, not the style.

But I like my punches :lol:

As said to date it's the individual not the style ,ive studied Shukokai for close to 20 years ,and have studied with some great Karateka in that time ,ive raised questions re the double hip ,hell it works OK , but when i question the need for it i am met with silence and a look of "shut up"! , i dont mean i misunderstand the technique ,but i question the need , why not start in the full re coiled pre punch position in a fully relaxed state instead of double hip ,witch in effect is a pull back prior to letting the technique go ? .

sorry to spam your thread but i am a student of Karate -Do first and formost and always will be.

There in lies the problems or the joys of karate as we know it, do we stick with tradition?, because that's the way it was, is and will be, or do we look at it from Tani and kimura's point of view? and develope the techniques, and further refine them. Problem is we have so many sheep and so few goats, and the sheep will not change, or perhaps that's to strong, may be they are resistant to change.

Yet I see in Kata so many changes and I do not believe for the better. Kata was developed for a reason, if it didn't work the old masters wouldn't have kept it. so why do I now see changes there?

Back to thread, the puch is in the man, a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un, or so I'm told :wink:

It was said that due to the double hip twist that Shukokai punches were the strongest in Karate. However have you seen the videos of Mas Oyama killing the charging bull with one punch?

punches are strong or weak in the practitioner, not the style.

But I like my punches :lol:

Do you have a link to the video? I've been looking for it for a while...