What are the weapons at your dojo?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We start off with stick around blue or green belt and then get into bo during brown belt and just stay with bo until 3rd degree black belt (the highest we go) when you can pretty much choose whatever weapon you want to learn (our senior instructors know forms for sai, tonfa, kama, tanto, tai chi sword).

We train bo from green to 3rd degree Black, then Broadsword.

8)

That sounds like my old Kung Fu school. I loved the Broadsword. Been a fan of all sorts of medevil weapons.

Sticks and bo staff are started at green belt. Purple belt is a review belt and students are introduced to sai, chucks, and tonfa. At red and black belt students must have a "specialty weapon" this is either a weapon from the color belts in which they are highly skilled and have gone above the color belt curriculum in, or a weapon from outside the color belt curriculum. Red and black belts are encouraged but not required to find a mentor for their specialty weapon.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

We train bo from green to 3rd degree Black, then Broadsword.

8)

That sounds like my old Kung Fu school. I loved the Broadsword. Been a fan of all sorts of medevil weapons.

We are a blended style of Kung Fu and TKD so that makes sense. I enjoy the sword also but have a secret yen for the 3 sectional staff...hopefully someday I can get sifu to teach me as I hear he is quite skilled with it.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Ninjanurse good luck with that 3 section staff. I tried it out for a couple of weeks back in the day and considered it an epic fail for me. I was clumsy kid back than. No fine motor skills. Maybe the instructor wasn't a good teacher or maybe I just got frustrated. I might try it again after I dig it out of the big box of dust covered stuff.

Bo

Jo

Niton Bo

Sai

Kama

Tonfa

Nunchaku

Cane (my personal favorite)

Plus we will attempt to use any everyday item a students brings in a self-defense way.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.