• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA organization asking for info..

I was recently asked to fill out an info form for one of the styles I train in. The form contained name, adress etc..but then they also wanted info on every other style I've trained in, how long, with who, rank attained, their adress etc. Plus they wanted a pic of me. I'm not sure if I like it..what do you think?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In a word, no. I would not give out that information without knowing exactly how it will be used. If they want a photo, I assume it would be for some type of advertising. It sounds like you already have a gut feeling.... go with your feeling...

I even have to fill out religion and birthplace. I understand instructors want to know things about the student, but that takes place in a conversation..

I'm a bit at a loss now, I want to train there but if I fill out that form it gives me a sense of uncertainty.

I even have to fill out religion and birthplace. I understand instructors want to know things about the student, but that takes place in a conversation..

I'm a bit at a loss now, I want to train there but if I fill out that form it gives me a sense of uncertainty.

The religion question is really puzzling.

Aside from age, address & another persons contact info in case or injury I"m not sure why anything else would be needed. Maybe there are some others that could explain why a school would need this information...?

Have you asked other students about this? Maybe you could leave those questions blank...?

It's seems innocent enough from the mere surface of it all, but, I'd say for now, until the true meanings for asking is revealed, your information is on a need to know basis, and until they come forward truthfully, they don't need to know anything...for now....or ever.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Why not just respond with "creative" answers? For instance:

Age = 2

Birthplace = Sri Lanka

Other Martial arts = Pugilism, Kalarippayattu, Kajukenbo (anything esoteric)

Religion = Violence

Sibylla, I don't know where you are located, but I think in the U.S. it is illegal to ask about religion. Why would they possibly need to know that? Strange. Maybe it has to do with what days of the week you are available to train. At first glance I definitely like the solution proposed by mr_obvious -- "religion = violence" :lol: However... it is likely you would be pegged as being a smart alec with those kinds of answers, and that could be bad.

I'd be really interested in what you find out, if you decide to ask, about why they want this kind of information!