• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To many students for to less instructors

Its tough, and depends on the students' ranks. Breaking into rank groups, and having an instructor that can help with each, would be a good deal. But, it doesn't always happen that way.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know someone who brought in an instructor of a different style to help teach. The new instructor was experienced and a previous school owner himself. Mostly, he taught beginner students, but he also helped with some of the business side of things. It didn't work out in the long run, because the new guy was really over qualified for the position. The amount he could be paid wasn't commensurate with his experience.

My guess is it'd be hard to find someone with the skills to help you that would want to switch styles unless you paid really well. Doesn't seem worth it to me for the few times you'd find him useful. I think it'd be better to tough it out until someone comes up through your ranks.

In the meantime, being upfront with your students about missing the occasional class makes sense. Maybe they can come in anyway and work out on their own. You might still need someone to supervise but not necessarily teach.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com