• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was asking about twist kick a few months ago.

I know how to do a low twist kick but can't get the height. The problem is I don't know what stretches to do to achieve it. I can do the side and front to back splits but can't get the twist. Help!!! :???:

Bretty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To be honest I don't really know of any stretches that'd help. You best bet is probably to just keep throwing the kick, gradually moving it higher.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

This "twist kick" is sometimes referred to as an "inverted" roundhouse also ....

As John posted ... I am presently doing this kick in one of my forms (Ge Baek) and some students are having difficulty with this kick as we usually do not perform this kick often.In this form it is a high twist kick.

Bretty --- this kick is usually a low to mid range kick,(Note: traditionally this was a low/mid twisting kick - to the knee or groin)

The knee is lifted straight up to the desired kicking height As the kick is delivered forward, the hips are twisted and pushed forward. The target is struck using the ball of the foot, and the anchor foot is turned out with knee slightly bent. The foot must be recoiled immediately using the same motion.

The motion is in the hips.... (body whirl) ... when it comes to generating motion with the hips ... we females tend to rule :pony: :up:

... keep at it .... hoola hoop anyone???

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-29 11:31 ]

The ex-chairman of my last Taekwondo organisation ( :roll: thats quite funny :lol: :lol:)

He had the best Twist kick I have ever seen. Frank Murphy some of you may have heard of him. He could do this kick over his shoulder with his foot in a rediculous twist, breaking tiles and bricks. Cool!

I can just about kick groin height with my foot slightly past horizontal. (Cant be good for your knees!!) but any higher then that and it feels like my hip is gonna pop out.

Bretty

• 2 weeks later...