• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sanchin Kata and Wii Fit

Kuma

I don't like Wii Boxing at all because the motion controls won't punch as fast as I do :D

As for using Wii Balance Board-like technology to refine weight ratios in stances: I don't know about that. The weight ratios we're quoted by those who teach the stances to us have never been so perfectly defined- they're approximations at best. I think that there's a definite risk of making mechanistic perfection an end goal rather than attempting to adapt the stances for your own needs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We got the Wii fit for the kids. Since they love video games so much it was a perfect fit. They like the strength challenges and balance games the best. As for a work out on the Wii I would suggest the hula hoop game on the Wii fit. It will give you a little bit of a cardio work out and it gets tougher as you get better. The yoga is good for balance and strength. Over all it is a great family unit.

The boxing is ok if you get into to it.

I don't like Wii Boxing at all because the motion controls won't punch as fast as I do :D

As for using Wii Balance Board-like technology to refine weight ratios in stances: I don't know about that. The weight ratios we're quoted by those who teach the stances to us have never been so perfectly defined- they're approximations at best. I think that there's a definite risk of making mechanistic perfection an end goal rather than attempting to adapt the stances for your own needs.

My mom got the weighted expansion, so when I do the boxing I put those on and it slows me down enough - well okay, not quite, but makes it closer.

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

I have Wii Punch-Out and if you play it the right way (using the controller and nunchuck to do combination punches) you can work up a pretty fair sweat.

I do too, and I've noticed the same thing. I don't have the balance board, though, so I don't know how that affects gameplay. It is fun, too.