• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sanchin Kata and Wii Fit

Kuma

So this was pretty interesting and something I thought would be fun to share.

My wife and I occasionally play Wii Fit together, and today I took one of their body tests where they test your balance, weight, and calculate your BMI (which always calls me obese since I'm about 60 pounds over their suggestion of my BMI being 22, despite the fact I have visible abs). On the body test you have to try to stay perfectly balanced on the Wii Balance Board while they measure your weight. They test you by trying to determine if you're 50-50 and depending on the day I'm usually off a little bit here and there, never totally 50-50, and none of our friends who occasionally play with us ever got 50-50.

So today I decided to take a more Sanchin-like posture while getting weighed. I lightly gripped the board with my feet, tightened my body, moved my hips slightly forward, and sunk down into my posture. And wouldn't you know it if it didn't say I had perfect balance, an even 50-50 split. As an experiment I had my wife try the same as I walked her through it and positioned her the same way I was at and it too told her she had perfect 50-50 balance.

Not scientific by any means but it definitely shows that the attributes of Sanchin kata really do give you great balance.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Let me know how it goes.

Well you are right 50/50. I was amazed. But I'm still fat according to the Wii. When you figuer out whcih stance solves this problem let me know.

:lol:

First off, LOL jeffrey :lol:

second, kuma that is cool you thought of that. I don't have a wiifit, but i almost think you could use technology like that to train your consistency with different stances... like seeing how accurate you are with 40/60 stance etc....

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

That's a cool observation.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I was wondering about the WiiFit and if it would really work, and I'm still a little doubtful. Even though one would think with all of the movement I do while playing PS3/Xbox 360 that I'd be fitter then a fiddle...one would think.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Brian,

Do you get a workout while Boxing on your Wii? My sister said that she gets a workout while playing Tennis on her Wii.

Maybe this isn't such a far fetched idea after all. It bears some trying it.

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!