• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I Can Identify With That!

What song would best describe you as a martial artist?

For me...

"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm....

what a very thought provoking idea.

i guess after the battered body parts and bruises i have gone through...

"Comfortably Numb" by Pink FLoyd

:P

A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

Lose Yourself- Eminem

People may not like him but when im training and listening to it I become the enbodiment of this song.

Great for motivation

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Just Older by Bon Jovi.

I know, Bon Jovi. Still, it's a nice tune about being happy where you are and with what you've done. It's up beat enough to keep you pressing forward after realizing that.

It tells me that training might be a bit different now that I'm starting to grow up but I'm still at it. Just older.

Great question.

Lose Yourself- Eminem

People may not like him but when im training and listening to it I become the enbodiment of this song.

Great for motivation

I have this as part of my training playlist :D

Really an awful song but the lyrics of "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor are great for motivating during hard training.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Big in Japan -- by Alphaville.

Hey...wait a minute. Is this just a ploy to get us to reveal our age! :evil: :D

LOL! Drat...you found me out...LOL. BTW, you've told us your age already...LOL...heheehheehehehehehe

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hmmm. Well I’m a product of 80’s metal & 90’s grunge so one of my favorite bands to train to Nirvana. I can’t say that all of their songs reflect me as a MA but I know where their music is coming from.

One of my favorite Cds is Incesticide with my favorite song being Sliver. The song is so simple.... its about this little kid that was dropped off at his grandparents house while his parents go out to see a show. This little kid screams the entire time that he wants to go home then at the end of the song you find out he wants to go home to be alone... kind of sad. Not to sound all Dr. Phil but that song always struck a cord with me.

One of my favorite Cds is Incesticide with my favorite song being Sliver. The song is so simple.... its about this little kid that was dropped off at his grandparents house while his parents go out to see a show. This little kid screams the entire time that he wants to go home then at the end of the song you find out he wants to go home to be alone... kind of sad. Not to sound all Dr. Phil but that song always struck a cord with me.

Well, you and I share one thing in common. We are Nirvana fans, and I love that song, too. My continued interest in Rock ended in 1994 when Cobain killed himself. I was 30, he was 27, and that was the end of keeping up with modern rock for me.

He was a genius. No doubt about it.

OMG! This is my hundreth post. I'm an orange belt now! Yeeehaw!

Well, you and I share one thing in common. We are Nirvana fans, and I love that song, too. My continued interest in Rock ended in 1994 when Cobain killed himself. I was 30, he was 27, and that was the end of keeping up with modern rock for me.

He was a genius. No doubt about it.

OMG! This is my hundreth post. I'm an orange belt now! Yeeehaw!

I was 22 when he died. At that time I had a job that I worked for 8 months a year then we had 4 months off so I was able to travel... limited distances. I spent 3 summers straight following bands from show to show. Luckily I was able to attend most of the eastern US tour with the Grateful Dead before Jerry died. Nirvana was the one band I never got to see. There was talk of Nirvana headlining the Lollapalooza tour the year he killed himself... and I went to see 3 of those shows.

I also walked away from mainstream - popular music at the time the grunge scene ended. I'm not sure how it happened. After I decided to go to college it seemed like I was too consumed with school and work to keep up and before you know it..... wizzzzz... popular culture has passed you by.