Planed Grip Kamas = $29.95

Shang Gou Swords (Twin Hooks) = $79.95

Shipping = $2.95

Total = $160.75

is this a good price for the weapons?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What kind of weapons do you want? If you just want basic nonfunctional demonstration weapons, then that price is in the neighborhood of reasonable. If you want weapons for display, then you might want to spend a little bit more. If you're looking for handmade historical reproductions or, for whatever reason, functional weapons that you could actually expect to use in combat, you definitely need to spend a lot more.

the shang gou swords and nunchakus are real

the three section staff is for practice

and the kamas are for demos and practice

Functional nunchaku are pretty cheap, though I'd still look for a set that was a bit more expensive and specifically mentioned as durable.

Functional swords, however, are not cheap. As a rule, when looking for a functional sword- one made of properly heat-treated carbon steel rather than stainless steel that will

when subjected to any degree of punishment- you're going to be paying over $150 bare minimum: the price that you've indicated means that your hook swords will almost certainly be stainless steel. The historical/functional sword market is really geared more towards Western and Japanese weapons: in fact, this was the only place that seemed to be selling a functional pair of hook swords at all, and since it's a made-to-order hand forging operation it will probably run in the thousands-of-dollars range.

...but maybe your definition of 'real sword' is different from mine? :D

the twin hooks are metal, and the only bad review about them is that they are hard to get used to and learn. btw, I'm buying the weapons at karate depot, they have a lot of good weapons for cheap. And you can read reviews of the weapon or whatever you are buying.

Like I said, there are different kinds of metal: those hook swords are made of stainless steel, which means that they're likely to break very dangerously if you do too much more with them than hang them on a wall or do forms.