Your Martial Artists Bucket List!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.... good question. One that's kind of evolved over the years.

I guess that it'd be a couple of trips to train. One to Hawaii to train at one of Nova Uniao schools there. My coach's coach teaches out there.

Next up, a trip to Brazil, again to train BJJ.

I would like to earn my bb in BJJ. That's really become my focus in training of late. I've ranked where I want to rank in everything else I've done, so I have no driving need to attain more rank in anything else. But BJJ has really captured me.

Again, good question. Some great responses in here.

Hmmmm. I'd like to fight and win in competition in some variant of sub grappling, striking, and both combined. I don't particularly care if it ends up being BJJ/Boxing/MMA, No-Gi NAGA/Kyokushin/Combat Sambo, or whatever.

I would like to win most valuable tournament competitor, winning golds in kata, kobudo, and kumite, in the 80 and up division -- not now, when I'm old enough of course! :lol: Actually, with the increased levels of health and well being that can be provided by MA's into old age, combined with advances in medicine, I think it is quite possible that there could be enough competitors to make up such a division. In truth, I will be very happy if I can just still be in it at that point, but I do like the idea of competing at that age, just to show that we can do it! If I don't win, I'll just have to train harder. :)

After earning my 1st degree 6 years ago, 4th degree has been my next "big" goal. Somehow it just seems like the next major point along the line...

Also I want to own my own school.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

To fight Lyoto Machida. Yeah I know he just lost, but I still want to fight him.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

This is a really cool idea.

As for places to go, the only place I can think I would want to really visit would be the Roman Coloseum.

As far as training goes, along with some steady ground fighting training, I would love to train in Western Swordsmanship.

• 1 month later...