• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Martial Artists Bucket List!

What's your bucket list? Martial arts related please.

What is it that you want to do before you die?

And/or....

What place would you love to visit before you die?

:idea:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to learn Portuguese and visit Brazil.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Since I spent a large part of my life traveling around the world, I really don't want to go anywhere before I die. If I don't go a hundred miles from my house for the next 40 years, I'll be happy with that.

But I would really like to be a well-respected Taekwondo instructor. The best teacher I ever had was in Wado-Ryu, and he was a third degree, so I would like to be a third degree Taekwondo instructor. I would like to develope a psychological approach to pattern training, and maybe write a book about the nobility of the martial artist.

That's my bucket.

So far so good! Thanks for the posts!

Remember....MARTIAL ARTS RELATED bucket lists!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Achive my black belt in Karate. Take up Judo again. and for the final bucket list item... I would like to be able to avoid our Head Instructors left hook just once.

Win a world championship gold in sparring :lol:

Travel to Korea to train.

Be in it long enough and be good enough to get my 7th dan (master rank!)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Oh yeah, getting my black belt in something would be a good one, too. It's kinda crazy since I started karate when I was 8 and got my 6th kyu, quit when I was 11, started again when I was 13 got back up to 6th kyu before quitting again when I was 14, started again when I was 22 finally got up to 5th kyu and now I'm going to have to leave again in a few months to do AmeriCorps. To actually get a black belt in something after all that would be AWESOME but seeing as how I don't plan on staying in one place for more than a few years at a time for the foreseeable future, I don't see it happening. :-(

Oh yeah, getting my black belt in something would be a good one, too. It's kinda crazy since I started karate when I was 8 and got my 6th kyu, quit when I was 11, started again when I was 13 got back up to 6th kyu before quitting again when I was 14, started again when I was 22 finally got up to 5th kyu and now I'm going to have to leave again in a few months to do AmeriCorps. To actually get a black belt in something after all that would be AWESOME but seeing as how I don't plan on staying in one place for more than a few years at a time for the foreseeable future, I don't see it happening. :-(

That sucks. And I know exactly how that goes having been in the military. If I were your instructor, I'd have you keep a journal of your daily training. Then every couple of months you'd send me a video of your Kata for whatever belt (and you would have a video with how the katas should be done). And if your journal was up to date, and your kata looked right, you could be awarded a grade based on that.

I did almost my entire B.Sc. through independent study. There should be some kind of true independent study for martial artists.