• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

M'kay, these Aikido-ka are really using ki. I'm just faking it with science. Fortunately my fake version works just as well. :wink:

Just like the skeptic's society people can fake breaking concrete over their stomach while lying on a bed of nails. All the while using a fake scientific explanation to trick you into thinking they understand what they're doing.

Really, they (and me) havn't a clue, and are subconsciously and instinctively using our ki.

Peace. :smile:

Anyway, in sparring, I like to use combination parries/blocks and head strikes, with leading hand, ala Bruce Lee (and also in the first kata I learnt). I also specialize in sidestepping, and catching kicks.

[ This Message was edited by: Taikudo-ka on 2002-07-29 02:52 ]

KarateForums.com - Sempai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Taikudo-ka , I am not saying you are wrong. I think in my opinion some things are best left undiscovered. And in an Aikido dojo, some things just cant be explained using science. There is a whole subject devoted to Ki, called Kiology.

There are ofcourse science groundings, and the Japanese and Chinese traditional medicinces, using Ki/Chi/Qi marideans are very much a REAL science.

There is a great book on Pa Gua, that again shows that Chi/Ki/Qi has a great impact.