• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just wanderd what was everyones technique when it comes to sparring.

I like to be fluide and constantly ducking and weaving and then tence quickly with a few highly tuned blows to the head, then when the oppenants dazed a big spinning back to the face, Van Damme style. :smile:

Float like a Butterfly sting likie a Bee.

Muhamed Ali

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Uhh, yeah...

I like to open with a triple back flip, to stun my opponent and put them in awe. I then proceed to stand there, harnessing my chi whilst commanding them to attack me, when they attack, I laugh at their futile attempts to hurt me as their technique hurts them tenfold due to the power I generate with my chi.

Never underesitmate the power of my chi!

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I try to block everything I can, dodge anything I can't, and hit them whenever there are openings with whatever happens to be available at the time, running from hands and feet to small children in pushchairs if necessary.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MASTER BON I am truly humbled !!!

I'll leave the Zen to the Zen-Masters!!!

Chi never blocked a kick.......

[ This Message was edited by: shotochem on 2002-07-25 12:06 ]

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

:lol:

Bon the true master. I bow to your excellence.

Tiger Ki takes many years to harness, I am sure that when I go training tonight I'll feel its power as my Sensei launchs me across the mat.

Dont expect great things strait away, but in Aikido for example, we do exercise's to show that strength does not work against Ki. A good example of this is "unbendable arm". Go look it up. Very cool to see, and more or less its works the first time you are told how to think about it. But it takes a life time to perfect.

On the subject of sparring, I dont really do any, many because our techniques are locks and throws, which could really hurt somebody. But we do do Randori, which is like sparring but against many opponents, the attack is predetermined. But at black belt is it not.

Be Well

Bon Sensei,

I am so glad you have given up levitating six to eight feet above the sparring mat while hurling thunderbolts from your eyes. If you've seen that technique once it just loses it's lustre the second time.

Seriously,

Fullcontact it's either:

jab, cross, hook, lead leg roundhouse to head

or

double jab spinningrear backfist

"Bareknuckle" or Kyokushin:

lead leg front kick to body, rear round house to lead leg - repeat twice then switch rear round house to head - classic low, low, high

once. :bdaybiggrin:

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

I can also do the unbendable arm. Everything to do with proper muscle control, no magic involved. Same with those Juko-Kai style groin kicks. It's all thigh and no ki.

The ki explanation sometimes gets people to do the right thing, but personally, I find it easier if they just tell me what's really going on. (Which fortunately has always been the case)

Unbendable arm is good because the muscles you use to keep the arm "straight" are the same ones used to throw a good punch. It also shows the fallacy of tensing the biceps to make a "strong" punch.

KarateForums.com - Sempai

I'm still a rookie, but I pick things up quick :grin: My fav when sparring is "fakes". Fake a side kick to bring their gaurd down, then pop'em in the head with a roundhouse. Or fake a high roundhouse and pound'em with punches to the mid-section, ect. I'm also a front leg kicker, so most TKD style kickers couldn't figure out where my kicks came from when I first started hehehehehe. But they have me figured out now !@#$!@#$ :lol:

Laurie F