• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What you learned last night

karateronin

I didn't have Karate, I had Cadets. We learnt how to teach people. It is a lot like teaching kids at Karate. You have to show them enthusiasm, discipline, how it works, etc. Karate really helps me out with all of those and more. If you are in Canada and are between 12-19, join Cadets (Air cadets would be the best, Army second, and DO NOT JOIN SEA CADETS).

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay i am in that catigory maybe all try it! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 2 years later...

Last night I've learnt i can still bend my back, though it hurts sometimes and I just skipp this part at warming. My instructor asked me to work with her at stretching (we did it in pairs) Also I've learnt that I'm way more flexible than her, though when I started karate I was stiff. :D

Last night I learned (again) never to look anywhere near Sensei when he's about to demonstrate anything, 'cos he always picks that person to demonstrate on and IT ALWAYS HURTS!! lol

I also learned (also again) that you can never have too much practice at the basics, there is always something to be learned, even in something as 'simple' as Kihon kata.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Last night I learned (again) never to look anywhere near Sensei when he's about to demonstrate anything, 'cos he always picks that person to demonstrate on and IT ALWAYS HURTS!! lol

Hahaha! its true!!!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

I learned this weekend not to stay out until 3:00 am drinking with my fellow karate buddies before an 8:30 am tournament the following day....