• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My First Karate Tournament!

AustinG010

I went to my first karate tournament yesterday, and it was the most fun I had ever! I did kata, kumite and team kumite, in team kumite I sparred against a black belt. My next one will be June 12th, and hopefully I'll be doing weapons that day lol.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I LOVED my first tournament. It is something I shall never forget......

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

I had a great time at my first tournament. I messed up my Kata because of nerves but still had a big smile once finished. The Kumite was fun also. I did much better in that. I hope to make a few more this year. I think the best part was meeting new people just like me.

I like the idea of the team kumite. I have done this before.

Good luck on the next one and glad you enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

My first tournament I was so nervous that I completely screwed up. I actually slipped during my kata (Heian Shodan) and got eliminated in the first round of kumite. But it was good to get it under my belt and I've fared better in the tournaments since.

Best of luck on the next one!

I have just run my first proper tournament! wow was that difficult! glad you enjoyed your first tournament. First of many i hope!

I enjoyed how you said "my first proper" when discribing your tournament. Why? Because there's not many properly ran tournaments these days. I applaud you!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!