• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In a recent competition i ended up figth someone who seemingly fought almost exactly like me!!!! The problem was that he was older than me and much bigger!!! So i lost, however i think if it were NHB i could have used grappling and won but hey, it wasn't NHB.

Anyone else here fight someone who figth exactly like them??? I actually fought this guys twice, lost twice lol.

"Live free.

Die well..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, last year at a local CKA comptition.

The guy was studying Okinawan Karate, at the time but he has had prior Ninjitsu training.

Unfortunately he beat me out by 2 points. (2 out of 5).

He was just a little quicker then me. Oh well, we learned much from the fight.

I cheered him on, in the next few rounds. He took second for the weight/rank division.

MonkeyNinja

I wish!! Everyone at my school fights a little different. Some of the higher belts will coach you when you spar with them, and some won't. Some don't want you to do certain moves on them, and some do. Fakes always work for my as life savers, except the time when I pulled a fake stomp, and it landed the wrong way. I turned my ankle, and landed on the kid I was sparring with. He was nice about it though, and didn't tease me. That's a true friens, you fall on them, and they don't get mad!!

Grrrrrr,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

I watch people in the ring before I fight them...I try to adapt myself to something different if they fight close to me. I am a much better full contact NHB fighter than I am a point fighter. (mainly because I will take a shot to set up something big)

I lost to a women once....(nothing against you women so please dont take the wrong way) She kicked me in the top of my leg and got a point but since it was the first year the tournament did co-ed fighting I think the judge was afraid to call certain things. She went on to get first place. Which she should not have had. (again this is not against women, it is true she should not have gotten away with half the stuff she did) Even after the tournament the guy who was holding the tournament told my instructor I should have won and if he was over there he would have changed the call. He saw it on tape and was not to happy with his judges.

I fight people I've trained all the time....since I've trained them they tend to fight like me. :lol:

Actually fighting someone who fights the way that you do should be a really great experience. Think about how things went. Think about which things were easier to counter and what got through.