• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unfortunately, by Daito Ryu standards, your striking puts you off balance for a throw too ... lol

I would agree with Toptomcat ... it does lack randori and therefor it takes longer to get a feel for timing. Kuzushi is taught in progressively more aggressive manners, at least in the classes that I've been to. It depends on your level as to how resistant your partner is and how quickly the attack comes. The funny part about it is that in Daito Ryu the faster the attacker comes in the easier the techniques are to perform. However if you don't learn the exact movements (and I do mean EXACT) the technique will fail at any speed. I understand why there isn't randori in the art but I think it would be beneficial after a decent level is achieved. Of course I'm just a beginner so what do I know?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused countering a move like the shredder won't be difficult, the hard part is who is faster you or the person reaching for your face. If someone goes for my face or uses some other attack as a way to get to my face my initial body reaction is to cover vital organs, such as, eyes. I am not going to let someone just repeatedly grasp at my face with out striking or grabbing there fingers. You're pinkie finger is not stronger than my hand. grab one of those bad boys and we will see what hurts more a finger getting broken or a scratch on the face. Maybe I just don't understand the technique fully.

I know there are counters; however, sometimes no one has research a certain counter for a particular move. I heard that daito ryu has some nasty moves that cannot be countered yet.
EVERYTHING has a defense and a counter...

Seriously though, that "shredder" is funny stuff.

- It looks like a bad zombie apocalype comic book or something.

If someone claims to teach you something that has no defense, I'd stop giving your money away so carelessly

Give your money to me if you dont want it... :brow: