• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Taking A Very Long Walk!

No, you're correct, I did say that, but, I'm nobody that's special or noteworthy to write a memoir.

:)

Like I said above, if you have nothing noteworthy in your opinion or special to contribute, then I take back what I said. I don't know how old you are, I don't know your general level of health or capabilities, but if you feel you should retire, then I trust your judgment.

I don't consider it quitting or in any way dishonorable. A life is not just the last thing we do, it's all the years rolled up into a single person. From what you say about yourself, you have lead a distinguished life as martial art instructor. No one can take that away. Heck, you can't even take that away--not by retiring anyway.

So, would you sell your dojo, or just flip over the closed sign or what? What will you do afterward?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're correct, I did say that, but, I'm nobody that's special or noteworthy to write a memoir.

Like I said above, if you have nothing noteworthy in your opinion or special to contribute, then I take back what I said. I don't know how old you are, I don't know your general level of health or capabilities, but if you feel you should retire, then I trust your judgment.

I don't consider it quitting or in any way dishonorable. A life is not just the last thing we do, it's all the years rolled up into a single person. From what you say about yourself, you have lead a distinguished life as martial art instructor. No one can take that away. Heck, you can't even take that away--not by retiring anyway.

So, would you sell your dojo, or just flip over the closed sign or what? What will you do afterward?

I'm 52 years old, I'll be 53 this October. I'm getting close to be a AARP card holder, lol. My kids have always kidded around with me concerning my true value when I get older will be my Senior Citizen discounts...I hope my kids are just joking with me. I appreciate the kind words that you've spoken, I thank you.

I gave, not sold, my dojo to my closest and highest ranking student before I took over the Shindokan Hombu as Kaicho and Chief Instructor. If and when I ever decide to retire from teaching full time and the like, I've always wanted to be a Wal-Mart greeter...seriously!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

But wasn't it you who said you had 45 years in martial arts? Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, might it be time for a memoir?

LOL! That's funny...and no, it's not time for a memoir because I'm nobody special!

Sorry, I thought it was you who said you had 45 years in martial arts.

What you may view as "nothing special" may include some very touching or heartfelt, important moments to those you've interacted with over the years. Perhaps they would enjoy it?

But wasn't it you who said you had 45 years in martial arts? Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, might it be time for a memoir?

LOL! That's funny...and no, it's not time for a memoir because I'm nobody special!

Sorry, I thought it was you who said you had 45 years in martial arts.

What you may view as "nothing special" may include some very touching or heartfelt, important moments to those you've interacted with over the years. Perhaps they would enjoy it?

Perhaps, but I believe that I'd need a proven author/writer to pen it for me.

I'll proof it for you. :D

If you're truly serious, then, I'll seriously consider it. Thanks!

:D

:) I like proofreading. :)

LOL. I love to proofread for spelling errors, I'm a dork that way!

:lol: