• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath.

I read it while I was in college and I was blown away by the character development. This was the first book that I read and felt like I had an intimate knowledge of the characters. I went on to read everything Steinbeck ever wrote and I’d have to call him my favorite author. Because Steinbeck had so many reoccurring characters, reading was like connecting with old friends.

Don't think I have a favourite book as such but Stephen King's Dark Tower series is definitely a favourite series. Its so complex and awesome how he brings in little details from his other books that you thought were insignificant but actually tie together and form part of this bigger picture.

The Stand-Stephen King

Have to get round to reading this. Someone bought me the uncut version but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Don't think I have a favourite book as such but Stephen King's Dark Tower series is definitely a favourite series. Its so complex and awesome how he brings in little details from his other books that you thought were insignificant but actually tie together and form part of this bigger picture.
The Stand-Stephen King

Have to get round to reading this. Someone bought me the uncut version but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Yeah, the Stand is a great book. I read it a few years ago as my first Stephen King novel. I have since started reading the Dark Tower series. The next book in the series for me is Song of Susannah. I've got so many books I want to read right now though that it might be a few more months before I actually get to it. :)

As far as favorite book, though, I'd have to say Lord of the Rings tops the list for me.

The Stand-Stephen King

Yeah, the Stand is a great book. I read it a few years ago as my first Stephen King novel. I have since started reading the Dark Tower series. The next book in the series for me is Song of Susannah. I've got so many books I want to read right now though that it might be a few more months before I actually get to it. :)

As far as favorite book, though, I'd have to say Lord of the Rings tops the list for me.

I just finished reading Song of Susannah. Pretty good but I prefer the the previous ones in the series. Leaving the last one till this summer though otherwise I'll never get any uni work done!

Lord of the Rings is pretty good. Read it when I was younger but think I was too young to appreciate it properly! :D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Any Louis L'Amour book!

:)

You and my dad, Bob! :)

I read a lot anymore, and I'd have to say that I really like Clive Cussler, and his Dirk Pitt novels. I read all his others, too, though, and Isaac Bell is a lot of fun.

I've recently latched on to William Deitrich's Ethan Gage adventures, which are fantastic if you like to see your characters interact with events throughout history. Gage is involved with Napolean, Jefferson, and plenty of other historical characters, and he is a former apprentice of Ben Franklin. His stories are a romp.

Ah, so many others....also of recent has been Matthew Reilly. That guy can make action just fly.