• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Broncos Trade Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins

Patrick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5085644

I'm really excited about this deal. I'm a Dolphins fan and he may be the best wide receiver we've ever had, talent wise (and depending on how it plays out). :) Can't wait to get him on the field and watch him in action.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Even with what the Dophins gave up I think this is a good deal for them. Hopefully with the amount $$ they gave Marshall he will focus on football. Who is going to be throwing him the ball?

The same worries you have about Marshall i have about A Bolden in baltimore. I love Bolden but it seems like he has done nothing but complain about his contract for the last 3 years.

I know I would rather live in Miami than Devner. I'm sure a change in scenery will do him well. Besides, I think a WR of his caliber is easily worth two second round draft picks. I would rather take known talent over potential anyday.

His off the field issues are a concern, but not a huge one. Most of them seem to come down to he said/she said situations and they are, by and large, Marshall's business.

As far as his issues with the Broncos, I'm even less concerned about them. It's possible the Broncos coach may be at least partially, if not more, responsible for them.

Given Marshall's track record, which is very durable, I didn't understand why McDaniels publicly called Marshall out before the last game of the season and essentially said that he was lying about the severity of his injury.

Why would you do that to your star wide receiver that has 101 catches, 1,120 yards and 10 TDs? The guy had had 21 catches and 200 yards just three weeks prior. It doesn't make sense to me and it didn't then. So, I don't think McDaniels is totally innocent.

My perspective on Sparano is that he isn't the type of publicly antagonize his players through the media. So, I'm hopeful we won't have those types of issues.

Patrick