just thought i would point out and get opinion on drugs

bruce lee was into pot and smoked it often

what is your opinion

since pot law are being reduced around the globe

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First off let me state that i do not use pot or any other drugs( I have tried pot a few times but i hated the way it made me fill)

Ok here is the thing Bruce didn't somke pot but he did eat hash brownies.Also smoking pot doesn't affect martial arts ability,look at the pro wrestler Rob Van Dam he is a martial artist and is probably the best wrestler out there right now and he smokes alot of pot.And finally nobody in the history of the world has ever died from pot, in other words you can't od on it.

Well traces of cannabis were found in Bruce's stomach when his body was autopsied.

The cannabis was in no way responsible for his death. Bruce was at a friend's, had a headache and probably asked for an "aspirin" or something. He was given a new prescription only pain killer instead, which hadn't been prescribed for Bruce. His death was caused by an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in the pain killer, which caused his brain to swell.

It was all a tragic accident really, and a good lesson in why you should never take someone elses prescription drugs.

Evidence does indicate that Bruce probably consumed cannabis at some stage. (Around when he dies, not back in college). It is equally unlikely that he downed an ounce a week on a regular basis, or was constantly spliffing up at home, because his wife knew nothing of it, and was shocked at the autopsy finding. However, as far as determining cause of death, the autopsy concluded that the cannabis was "of no more significance than a cup of tea", i.e irrelevant to the question.

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Now that the subject of drugs has turned up i would like to post my feelings, you must have full confidence on your will power.

Try the drug of choice three times (no more)

extract all its wisdom and quit it.

If you think you can´t do it don´t try it.

[ This Message was edited by: diamondick on 2002-07-24 05:43 ]

I was told that he had a violent reaction to the Cannabis, when he made some cakes with it. The reaction was an intollerance to the calming ingredient. The effect of the drugwas that his head sweld and he died. A great shame. But I think that it is a discrace that a great martial artist like him had taken drugs.

Be Well :dodgy:

Kensai i'm telling you the pot didn't kill him,and why is it a big disgrace that he used a little hash? If you had all the professional and personal stress he had you might have smoked the occasional spliff too.

For the last time everybody it was the reaction to the pain killer he took from that actresses chick that killed him.

Bruce was having trouble sleeping (being stressed/overly excited about his film career) and one of his hollywood buddies suggested dope as a natural alternative to sedatives.

Since Bruce had an aversion to smoking, he was eating it instead.

Now, the cannabinoids in marijuana are fat soluble, and it does take up to thirty days to metabolize all of it but he would have to have eaten a LOT of it for it to have reached a toxic level, that is of course he was mildly allergic to some ingredient/s in the pot.

At this point in time it's really just conjecture.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Now that the subject of drugs has turned up i would like to post my feelings, you must have full confidence on your will power.

Try the drug of choice three times (no more)

extract all its wisdom and quit it.

If you think you can´t do it don´t try it.

Great plan! I think I'll go out and buy myself some class A drugs right now to try them, only three times though. Of course that's assuming that they haven't been cut with something dangerous and don't kill me straight off. But hey, what's the risk of death in pursuit of screwing your head up royally?

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B