• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Close Minded Martial Artists

Spar with a resistant partner who has a good, protective pair of goggles on. See how often you can get a straight shot.

You can and we do, But I mean its different targeting wise which poses the problem in reality the top of the nose gets in the way.

Interesting discussion. I don't think I mentioned deadly eye strikes and bites, but you see no technique is an end in itself. The finger jab is designed to be a jab, which can then be followed up, if you hit them then great but if you don't then usually their eyes are closed at this point giving you some time, usually I follow with a right. It can be used like a feint in that respect but with a double purpose. You simply don't hit them hard enough to be able to break your fingers.

Again its probably not something I would use knowingly on a martial artist even. Because like a punch you would could just slip it, simple defence really. The skill set is different. But against someone with no head movement it is a hell of alot easier.

I think tallgesse presented something interesting. I really was not trying to condemn MMA people. I know for a fact their stuff works and works rather well as can be seen. You can only use a single key in each lock and situation determines this.

Bushido Man. I have seen that argument presented many times, and to be honest there is not a correct answer. I guess everyone has there own meaning to it. For me its not entirely fighting, but I am of the impression that a large part is improving your abilities in that respect.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic