• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Begginer

Hello everybody, I joined this site because I believe with such knowledgable practitioners I can recieve alot of help.

I practice kyokushin style karate. But i cannot afford professional teaching. My friend (a 2nd degree kyokushin blackbelt) has helped me quite a bit. He showed me http://en.allexperts.com/e/l/li/list_of_kyokushin_techniques.htm this site atleast grasp some of the moves. he tells me to look up a kyokushin blackbelt first demonstrating it first, and if i cannot find one he will demonstate it for me. This has been a momumental help to me.

Ive been practicing the blocks, Chudan soto uke, Chudan uchi uke, Chudan uchi uke - gedan barai, Haito uchi uke ,Jodan uke ,Mae gedan barai ,Osae uke. and i feel ive been getting alot better. we spar for a couple of hours and he tells me what im doing wrong or need to work on etc.

a big problem im having is katas. he hasnt been doing karate for a year or two and has forgotten alot of the forms. if anyone could point me into a good direction id be very grateful.

Doing what can, with what I got.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome :)

You want want to look up Local Karate commuity schools. Some of these might be run out of a school or lacal hall and can be a little less pricey. The draw back is that they may not be in the style you want to train in.

Hi Esoteric! Welcome to the forums!

I put kyokushin kata youtube into a Google search and came up with this page of links:

http://www.google.com/search?q=kyokushin+kata+youtube&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

Perhaps you and your friend could view at least a few of them to see if it jogs his memory.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Welcome esoteric2892 :D

I'd recommend YouTube. Loads of stuff on there.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thank you all for such nice responses.

Ive looked around and the cheapest place around here i could find was still over 70 bucks a month. the ymca only does boxing, kickboxing around here. Im not too interested in those right now.

And my friend looked over a few of those. he says he remembers some. hes going to practice over them a little and get back to me.

ive also been asking some friends of mine if theyre doing any styles or anything. besides the black belt. i found out a friend of mine is in judo. and another is the regional champ of bjj in canada. he also takes a few other things. but i was shocked. ill definitely be asking for some help.

Doing what can, with what I got.

Welcome to KF! Good luck finding more people to work out with in something you're interested in.