• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should i try out for BJJ???

Well i have been training in Shotokan Karate for about 4 months now and there is this place in another part of town that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. And i REALLY REALLY wanna start taking that also. I dont know that much about it other than they teach ground wrestling. But im only 14 and am about 5" 10" and weigh 145 lb. Is there anyway that they'd let me train in BJJ since im so young?

Never Give Up

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Let me enthusiastically second that- go even if someone tries to talk you out of it.

I second this notion. And you may find that some will try to talk you out of it. But don't let them. Take it and run with it!

Definatly go if you're interested in the ground game at all, even if you're not, you should try it for a time just to round out your skill set. It's the way to go for ground work and a completely beautiful and effective art.

Absolutely! YES! GO TRAIN BJJ! It's a great experience. It's very physical and will compliment your shotokan well.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

As people before said, you should do it. It is good to train a martial art for stand fight and another martial art like BJJ to ground fight. This is a smart step. It is going to give you respect from MMA fighters.

Some people who train MMA think they are just better because MMA is a "good mix" of martial arts and that they can fight on the ground. Even if BJJ is effective against these who do not practice ground fighting, it is unpractical on the street (who wants to roll in the dirt?) against several attackers.

But, as I said before, BJJ is going to give you some respect. You are also going to be safe (in case one ground fighter attacks you).

And there are no age limits. Start training but be careful so you do not start training too many things at once. You might be overwhelmed then.

Greetings

John Steczko

John The Burn Belly Fat Guy