• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High Kicking

I don't belive in it and I don't like but with that siad my front kick is about as high as my head so 6ft maybe a bit more. LOL Even O I don't like I do respect it and I would love to do it for show anyhow. LOL

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I weill repet my prevous statement in traditional karate there are no high kicks . yes there is a cresent kick done chudan but that is not really a kick it is bunkai'd as a stomp or a load for a side kick to the knee.

Even Funokoshi did not like high kicks just look at him doing kata or read his books it was his son that brought high flashy kicks into the system for tourniment reasons . Funokoshi was even aginst sport karate.

Agin this is just my opinon if im close enough to kick some one in the head im not going to take one foot off the ground and risk the chance of being taken down it makes more sense to me to to use my hands or kick to the groin or knee .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

I normally do not kick high, though I can kick about 6" over my head when I get exited. :grin:

Do you guys kick much higher on one side than the other? Or is it just me? I normally would not even attempt a roundhouse to the head with my left leg. The right is not a problem.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I think Ronryu is right about high kicks. I'm talking the traditional karate that the Okinawans practised originally, before it came to Japan.

I heard that the round house and side kick were imported from savate, of all things.

Also that karate, like wing chun, originally only had a front kick. (Plus the various "stomps").

Anyone know where these kicks really came from?

KarateForums.com - Sempai

Shoto wrote:

"Do you guys kick much higher on one side than the other? Or is it just me? I normally would not even attempt a roundhouse to the head with my left leg. The right is not a problem."

Same here. My left sucks LOL. I do the high/fancy kicks with my right. I can do them with my left, but they're not very high. I'm definitely a righty.

Laurie F

Yeh my left leg just sucks..lolz.With my right i can kick probably over 6 feet,all the different kicks that is.

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

With me it depends on the kick. For a roundhouse watchout for my right leg. For a front kick the left one will knock your block off. A spinning back kick the right one by far. And side kicks - well are about even.

I'm not very tall ( 5' 1'' 3/4), but I can kick over my head and up to a lot of adult males heads, so I guess I make up for my height with my flexability.

Grrrrrrrrr,

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype