• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How would you attack in a self defence situation?

Dirty fighting is completely reasonable; one of our core techniques is set up to be very useful for picking up rocks.

Mostly of late I find myself setting up for throws more than strikes, as the strikes feel more like retaliations against less committed attacks.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with the dirty fighting ideas, too. Cheat first, cheat last, and cheat in the middle!

Yeah...I call this..."I'll get a turn too!"

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I would attack the first available open target I see, preferably one that leaves the most damage. No such thing as being civil, in a self defense situation.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

I agree completely with the dirty fighting ideas, too. Cheat first, cheat last, and cheat in the middle!

Yep! In the dojo, or in a tournament, you gotta "play nice" but in a real self-defense situation, the rules go away. You gotta do what you gotta do to get away safely!

If yuo were attacked by an unarmed opponent and had to defend yourself, how would you?

I've been wondering about this because I don't think punches to the face would cut it,I'm wondering about the fastest way to take someone down to the point where you can escape.

actually one punch jodan would! kazami will do the trick if you can get in fast enough. my kazami makes the most sturdy of BB's stumble a few steps and earn enough praise to be told i have the potential to hurt someone....at ungraded level ((at the time)) Kazami is one of my fave punches.

i also recommend a fake magari ((just flick your foot)) moving into a washigari. its worked with me

~Rhi

Yep! In the dojo, or in a tournament, you gotta "play nice" but in a real self-defense situation, the rules go away. You gotta do what you gotta do to get away safely!

Don't even have to play nice in tournaments.... Not proud of it but in our higher level comps our coaches expect us use dirty techs because everyone else does. Sneaky elbows to the face, kidney shots, low kicks... you'll get penalized but only if you get caught. Don't like doing it really but if the other person does it to me, game on.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Heh, true. We should play nice in tournaments, but what goes around tends to come around. Accidents happen, but if its obvious someone has broken the rules intentionally, then they should be prepared to expect the others to act in the same manner back towards them.

Heh in one of the tourneys I did last year I saw one of the other countries coaches (from what I could tell) telling his competitor to kick the other guy between the legs "by accident" at the start. He took a warning penalty but that's nothing when the other guy can't really fight anymore. Actually in the same tourney in my 2nd round fight the girl I fought went for the KO right after the ref said go at the start of the second round. Took a yellow card for it but I wasn't really in a position to fight back properly after that and lost the match.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius