• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

could anyone explain what a test is like?

A test in Karate is just like any other type/kind of test; nothing to them at all. Please understand that I'm purposefully downplaying the test because the most important thing, imho, is to not blow any karate test way out-of-porportion; to not be scared of any karate grading test. That'll just make it almost impossible for one to pass; nerves are normal but out-of-ones-mind kind of nerves over a karate test aren't. Remember Mizu No Kokoro [Mind Like Water] and Tsuki No Kokoro [Mind Like the Moon]; remain calm and undisturbed before, during, and after your test....you'll be fine!

What Blade96 explains to you in her link about her testing experience will help you...I'm sure of it!

Good luck!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Sensei Bob said. ;)

Don't be scared of them, just have fun! :D

i certainly did.

I also approached it with the mind set that I knew all the material. That's important, because it makes you less nervous because you know that you know your stuff.

Show em what you can do!

and do it with passion and intensity, like you're LOVING it out there. believe me, they like that. (btw thats one criteria they also use to grade you in a kata competition as well. thats one reason I got full marks for my heian shodan in december and won a gold medal.)

Good luck!

oh. and btw. did i say have fun? :D

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

we started testing last night but we will be testing for the rest of the week. We did sanban kumite, basic kihon and kata. Hopefully we do more sanban kumite today

• 2 weeks later...

next thing you knows, you'll be coming back to us saying that you passed your test :D

I bet you will.

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

• 3 weeks later...