• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anybody ride a motorcycle?

GeoGiant

Anybody ride?

What do you ride?

How much do you ride?

I have a 2003 Honda Sabre, 1100 cc. Its orange with darker orange ghost flames (factory paint). I have it set up a Mustang touring seat & backrest (mainly for the wife), Vance & Hines Long Shot pipes, Cobra floorboards (first bike without pegs), after-market grips, mirrors, turn signals, and taillight cover. I think I'm done with the upgrades.

I usually ride to work 6 or more months out of the year. About the longest ride I take anymore is a 4 hour trip to the beach. A good year of riding for me is 5,000 miles.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1200 HD Sporty.

Lots of some chrome, accessories, ect. Straight pipes and carb upgrade.

I put on about 2000/ year. The longest I ride is about 3 hours either way to family or the Lake to climb.

I'm kicking around trading up, but we'll see.

Nope. Ha ha, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I've never ridden a motorcycle and never even thought about it. I have been thinking I might like to get a Vespa some day -- does that count? Ha ha ha, probably not, sorry, I'm just funning w/you. Carry on. :lol:

1200 HD Sporty.

Lots of some chrome, accessories, ect. Straight pipes and carb upgrade.

I put on about 2000/ year. The longest I ride is about 3 hours either way to family or the Lake to climb.

I'm kicking around trading up, but we'll see.

The Honda Sabre looks just like a HD Fatboy. I don't know how Honda didn't get sued over the body style. The dead give away between the 2 bikes is the taillight assembly & rims. I pealed all the stickers off the bike, changed the turn signal covers & polished the metal rims to chrome-ish type shine so most people don’t know what type of bike I have…. until I stop. I fell in love with a few softail fatboys but I haven’t made the jump… my bike is paid for & the idea of another payment makes me cringe. I’ve always liked all the aftermarket options that HD provides. What are you thinking of upgrading to?

Still kicking – a Vespa doesn’t count. :lol:

It's funny that I came across this thread today. I've been thinking about bikes a lot today. Last night, I started up my wife's bike for the first time in a few months, just to run it. And this morning, I saw a nasty motorcycle fatality on the news. The rider was in the #1 lane, and his bike was under a semi in the #4 lane. They didn't know how many times the guy had been hit before he came to a stop. There were long scrape marks behind the semi, so the bike had to be under there for a while. For anyone that knows the L.A. area, it was on the 101 near Laurel Cyn in Studio City some time before 7:30. That and an accident on the 101 by Universal Studios jammed up traffic pretty good!

My wife doesn't ride anymore. She was into it or a while, and it was good for parking when her college was about 10 miles away. She transferred to a university 2 miles away and switched to her bicycle. She's always loved bicycles.

I haven't gotten around to fixing my bike since I want down about 10 months ago. I keep putting it off. My wife's bike is ready to go whenever I need it. It was a minor get off with little damage to the bike and myself. I slid about 60', but I was geared up pretty good. Very little road rash. I would've had none if I'd been wearing my motorcycle pants. The only really bad thing was a partial bicep tendon tear that took about 8 months to heal.

Oh, and to answer your questions, my wife and I both got Ninja 250s a few years ago. We're both short and wanted little, light weight bikes to play around with. My bike is stock, but now that I have to fix it, things will change. My wife's has rearsets, a Muzzy pipe, a rear shock off an SV650, and a couple of minor mods like a brake light modulator.

I haven't ridden much since the accident, but now that I'm better, I'll get back to riding more. I only really ride to work a couple times per week, and I only work about 4 miles from home, so it doesn't add up to many miles. We have some small twisties about 5 miles away that I haven't been to in a while, and there are some major twisties about 15 or 20 miles away that I should really get to. They're in the hills above Malibu. They're great in my S2000, but I haven't taken the bike yet. I learned how to ride on Mulholland Drive on a GSX-R a little over 15 years ago, so I enjoy the twisties, but I never got fast. I'm a grownup now, so I probably never will.

Ride safe!

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

It's funny that I came across this thread today. I've been thinking about bikes a lot today. Last night, I started up my wife's bike for the first time in a few months, just to run it. And this morning, I saw a nasty motorcycle fatality on the news. The rider was in the #1 lane, and his bike was under a semi in the #4 lane. They didn't know how many times the guy had been hit before he came to a stop. There were long scrape marks behind the semi, so the bike had to be under there for a while. For anyone that knows the L.A. area, it was on the 101 near Laurel Cyn in Studio City some time before 7:30. That and an accident on the 101 by Universal Studios jammed up traffic pretty good!

My wife doesn't ride anymore. She was into it or a while, and it was good for parking when her college was about 10 miles away. She transferred to a university 2 miles away and switched to her bicycle. She's always loved bicycles.

I haven't gotten around to fixing my bike since I want down about 10 months ago. I keep putting it off. My wife's bike is ready to go whenever I need it. It was a minor get off with little damage to the bike and myself. I slid about 60', but I was geared up pretty good. Very little road rash. I would've had none if I'd been wearing my motorcycle pants. The only really bad thing was a partial bicep tendon tear that took about 8 months to heal.

Oh, and to answer your questions, my wife and I both got Ninja 250s a few years ago. We're both short and wanted little, light weight bikes to play around with. My bike is stock, but now that I have to fix it, things will change. My wife's has rearsets, a Muzzy pipe, a rear shock off an SV650, and a couple of minor mods like a brake light modulator.

I haven't ridden much since the accident, but now that I'm better, I'll get back to riding more. I only really ride to work a couple times per week, and I only work about 4 miles from home, so it doesn't add up to many miles. We have some small twisties about 5 miles away that I haven't been to in a while, and there are some major twisties about 15 or 20 miles away that I should really get to. They're in the hills above Malibu. They're great in my S2000, but I haven't taken the bike yet. I learned how to ride on Mulholland Drive on a GSX-R a little over 15 years ago, so I enjoy the twisties, but I never got fast. I'm a grownup now, so I probably never will.

Ride safe!

Hyw riding is never fun – you are either in the slow lane stopping and starting as people get off & on the hyw or you are in the fast lane waiting for someone in the slow lane to pull out in front of you.

I grew up in Baltimore riding the 695 / 495 expressway around Baltimore / DC… not a lot of fun! As a younger guy it didn’t bother me, now I don’t have the desire to ride on 4 and 6 lane hyws. Truth be told, from age 18 to 24 all I had was a motorcycle so I didn’t have much of a choice.

Now that I live in Pennsylvania riding is a relaxing experience that just happens to save me $200 to $300 a month in gas. I live outside of a small city [maybe 50 to 60,000] and the traffic is in no way close the headache of Baltimore or DC but most of my riding is in the country. I can get on my cycle and ride for hours and not see a traffic light.

My dad has an Aprilia Futura that I have my eye on ;)

Although I have been forbidden to ride it by my mum until I move out (should have seen what she did to the helmet my dad bought my sister).

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius