• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

your favorite martial arts films here

ONG BAK

by Tony Jaa

No stunt, no wires, no computer, REAL MUAY THAI (unlike Kick Boxer by Van dame)

this movie makes all other martial art movies look fake and corny.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONG BAK

by Tony Jaa

No stunt, no wires, no computer, REAL MUAY THAI (unlike Kick Boxer by Van dame)

this movie makes all other martial art movies look fake and corny.

that movie is the best,the main character was ALL him..jumping over cars to leaping and spin kicking everyone with his knee's.

One of the best movies ive seen,except the movie budget is horrible..some stunt doubles looked so fake from the actors..

My favorites that come to mind, in no particular order:

Enter the Dragon

Return of the Dragon

The Chinese Connection

The Last Samurai

The Karate Kid

Rush Hour

The Matrix 1 and 2

Lone Wolf McQuade

Forced Vengeance

Under Siege

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. I know some of those aren't the greatest technical examples of martial arts. Some do, but for others, its just more the way they portray the arts. The Karate Kid is one of those.

las samurai is really not bad. However of all the main actors in the movie, I think only the guy that playing main supporting actor (forgot his name in the movie, the one that almost chop Tom Cruise' head off, and sparing Tom Cruise in the movie) really know the Japanese sword art.

He is actually a very famouse actor in Japan. If I remeber correctly, he used to play and was famous of playing Ninja in ninja Movie.

I like it moreso for the way it portrays the arts as opposed to the technical realisim. But I also like the swordplay, though admittedly I'm not an expert.

Ken Watanabe is the main supporting actor. He was nominated for an Oscar, but did not win.

I'm not sure if he had any training prior to the movie. According the official website, a couple of the others have studied some Karate, but the only one it offers any detail on is Shin Koyamada, who plays Nobutada, Katsumoto's (Watanabe) son. It says he has a black belt in Karate, and has also studied Kung Fu. It also says he competed and won some tournaments with the "Harmonious Fist Chinese Athletic Association".

OOO i like

Wing Chun the fight scenes mostly with Michelle Yeoh

The Master Jet Li

I also like rush hour

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

and the movie OM BAK looks MADD COOL

no comp graphics

Ken Watanabe is the main supporting actor. He was nominated for an Oscar, but did not win.

No, I am not talking about him, in fact he is almost like a main character. I am talking about the guy who played, Kyo, or Ukyo, (I forget the name, but it's somthing similar to that). The guy that really really hate Tom Cruise at first.