• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moving Our Focus to Street Tested Martial Arts [:)]

As we've grown over the past (nearly) nine years, we've continually noted the importance of martial arts tested in the only arena that matters - the street. . . .

It's not so much about a particular art as it is about where you've personally tested the art. . . .

If you have not used your art in the street, with video evidence of you doing so, you will not be able to hold a membership here.

This appears to mean that the videos are not demos but reality captured on camera, that KarateForums is changing to a reality website. Is this correct, Patrick?

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. You got me for like the first three sentences. :D

I'm not sure what you mean, Lupin1.

I believe Lupin's post refers to April 1, which was my first impression. Your subsequent posts caused me to discount it.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Thanks Patrick.

All I can is wow. I can't image a situation where someone is using MAs on regular basis to fend off an attack unless your in the military or law enforcement. This isn't a criticism to anyone but I can't image the videos you will receive... guys working the door at bar?.... 20 something year old guys creating a fight just so they can video it?...security camera footage?

I guess this shift seems surprising to me considering some of thread categories and based on some of the people I've exchanged posts with.

Again, I'm not criticizing or passing judgment and maybe my opinion is based on a lack of understanding how someone obtains a video of themselves like this, but it seems like you guys could be inviting trouble.

Oh well, I have had fun here and gotten some good advice. Good luck, take care.

Hey GeoGiant -- Do you know what date it is? :)

I thought the same, Still Kicking, so I hit "The newest registered member is" at the bottom of the main menu for two persons. Both have the date April 1, which should violate the cutoff, but when I click on the link to their posts, the first with one post and the second with six, both come up "No topics or posts met your search criteria," which follows the cutoff.

Rather elaborate . . .

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Thanks for the replies. The date is definitely April 1, says my calendar. :) It's a funny day, I know.

As far as this becoming a reality website, that wouldn't be my exact terminology. I would say it is just a focus on street tested martial arts. I guess some would take that as reality, so sure.

A video of you bashing someone's face in is not what we want. A video of you utilizing your art in a situation where it was needed, yes, that is what we want.

I appreciate your thoughts, GeoGiant. I'm sorry to hear that, but it's understandable.

Thanks again for the replies and questions.

Sincerely,

Patrick

As far as this becoming a reality website, that wouldn't be my exact terminology. I would say it is just a focus on street tested martial arts. I guess some would take that as reality, so sure.

It says at the bottom of the main menu page, "We have 11232 registered users."

If half are still active, and half of them sent in videos, it would likely be the largest onlline collection of streetfights ever compiled. Not only would it make "The Guiness Book of World Records," but it would be worth a fortune.

A lucrative endeavor.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Once again, I just wanted to clarify that these videos should not showcase "attacks" - only legitimate uses of one's art in a situation that depends upon it. Any criminal activities are inappropriate and will not be accepted.

As far as my own qualification, suffice to say, I'll be exempt to it as I still need to be able to run the site. :)

Thanks,

Patrick