• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Technique in Sparring?

explosive_power

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My favorite attack is when I use my lead hand to to knock down the other person's lead hand. Then I either jump or step to that side rotating my body and landing a hammer fist to the top of the head with my back hand. This is really hard to explain in words, lol. The reason I do it is to: first, it throws them of as I move to the side and not straight on; second, it puts there lead arm into there other arm making it harder for them to recover; third, I'm short a attack to the top of the head is usually not the place they expect me to attack. If you can't understand what I am saying I'm really sorry... I am not the best at explanations.

My favorite attack is when I use my lead hand to to knock down the other person's lead hand. Then I either jump or step to that side rotating my body and landing a hammer fist to the top of the head with my back hand. This is really hard to explain in words, lol. The reason I do it is to: first, it throws them of as I move to the side and not straight on; second, it puts there lead arm into there other arm making it harder for them to recover; third, I'm short a attack to the top of the head is usually not the place they expect me to attack. If you can't understand what I am saying I'm really sorry... I am not the best at explanations.

ohh, cool. yeah, I understand :)

that's a good one to use. :D

Our school doesn't score hammerfists to the top of the head: the crown of the skull is a very hard target that we view as not worth targeting with a comparatively weak strike like the hammerfist. My favorite simple technique in point sparring is a backfist from the lead hand: my favorite complex technique is to feint a side kick to the body, then switch to a backfist to the head.

My favorite attack is when I use my lead hand to to knock down the other person's lead hand. Then I either jump or step to that side rotating my body and landing a hammer fist to the top of the head with my back hand.

I can picture this with either the knock/slap down as described, or as a smother. It's interesting that you "jump or step to that side rotating" your body. That's a rather unexpected--and clever--move.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu