• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trying karate next week.

explosive_power

sure thing bro :)

Im from the Philippines by the way.. :)

and you guys? :)

thank you for this warm welcoming and for the replies. :) :karate:

I'm from Pennsylvania in the US. Pennsylvania is located close to the east coast line, along the North American continent. The Philippines look like a beautiful place.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sure thing bro :)

Im from the Philippines by the way.. :)

and you guys? :)

thank you for this warm welcoming and for the replies. :) :karate:

I'm from Pennsylvania in the US. Pennsylvania is located close to the east coast line, along the North American continent. The Philippines look like a beautiful place.

cool bro. Yeah it's beautiful here. :)

You know Manny Pacquiao?

kinda hot though, it's summer here. :kaioken: haha

pardon my ignorance but what is Tang Soo Do ? is it a korean martial art?

have you tried Karate also?

@ explosive power: i too use to do boxing. the transition is made comfortable if you have nice instructors. make sure to let you new dojo instructors know you did boxing, i told mine and they really help you with punching and now i'm a machine.

@ Toptomcat: i disagree with you on the fustrations of transition. i was a contender myself and found that the stop-start kumite was better. i had more to focus on instead of beating a bag. by letting my instructors know i found they helped me when they saw my puching curving like i was doing a left or right hook.

@ GeoGiant: again i think its up to the person and how eager they are to adapt to change. i personally enjoy karate more than i did boxing so i found it easy to adapt. what i will say though is that if someone from a boxing background changes to karate you can strike jodan (the jaw) soyeah but just remember to counterblock :o)

~Rhi

@ explosive power: i too use to do boxing. the transition is made comfortable if you have nice instructors. make sure to let you new dojo instructors know you did boxing, i told mine and they really help you with punching and now i'm a machine.

@ Toptomcat: i disagree with you on the fustrations of transition. i was a contender myself and found that the stop-start kumite was better. i had more to focus on instead of beating a bag. by letting my instructors know i found they helped me when they saw my puching curving like i was doing a left or right hook.

@ GeoGiant: again i think its up to the person and how eager they are to adapt to change. i personally enjoy karate more than i did boxing so i found it easy to adapt. what i will say though is that if someone from a boxing background changes to karate you can strike jodan (the jaw) soyeah but just remember to counterblock :o)

ohh thank you for the response.

I will do that :)