• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'll enter my first competition!

conrad665

Today I learned Jion!Not perfectly,of course,but I learned the basics.It is so hard and tiring to work on a kata-my hands are still trembling from fatigue.Sensei said I did techniques well and strong,but while passing between techniques,I should not have relaxed.It was my first day,so it's not a big problem yet.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Still, performing at a tournament after having only 10 days of EXPERIENCE with either of these Katas, or any Kata, isn't such a good idea, imho!

I don't imagine that you'd be willing to execute any Kihon, Kata, and/or Kumite for a grading test with only 10 days of practice. I don't know of anybody who would!

Wanting to compete is fine, but being unprepared isn't the martial arts!

Any way, good luck and let us know how it went. I hope you do well!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I got back from the tournament.First I should say I lost with 2 against 3-two judges chose me!My kata was worse than I do in the dojo.Stress can really confuse you.The judge in front of me was looking directly into my eyes.That moment(moroto uke before hiza geri) I forgot the kata for a millisecond but I could finish without forgetting.My mae geri were terrible!And I couldn't perform it strong enough.

Another point to mention:All my rivals were making a strange voice coming from their throats,I think.Even my rival was saying 'pat'.It was so funny,but I couldn't laugh :lol: .Do you do such things while doing kata?Shouldn't it come naturally?Should I learn to do it?I don't know if it is a factor for judges to choose sb.

Anyways,there will be another one next year,and in June a different one.Now I have time to study.

(I messed up all my lessons by the way, but karate is worth it :karate: ))