• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Take Me Out...Yes...It's BASEBALL!

sensei8

Thus so far, the Yankees have done this...

20 Wins

17 Loses

.541 Percentage

2.0 Games behind the first place Rays

13-10 Home Record

7-7 Road Record

8-6 Record against the East

8-9 Record against the Central

4-2 Record against the West

Lost 4 in a row

3-7 Record in the last 10 games

Not bad and not good; just mediocre with a lot of baseball to still play.

GO YANKEES!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of time left, Bob. I'm interested to see if they change up the post season, and how it affects the teams that will get in. It should make it more fun to watch, for sure.

I'm still confused as to why Posada isn't behind the plate, but he's now a designated hitter. Now, he's 9th in the batting order, but, as Posada put it, it's his fault why he's batting 9th.

GO YANKEES!!

There is a lot of time left, Bob. I'm interested to see if they change up the post season, and how it affects the teams that will get in. It should make it more fun to watch, for sure.

I agree; and if not for fun, it'll be a little stressful for me at times this season.

I think the reason Posada isn't catching anymore is because his legs probably can't take it much anymore. Either that, or management is being proactive about getting younger guys in there to replace some of the older guys still around. Let's face it, Posada, Jeter, and Rivera are all getting up there in age, and their time with the Yankees is probably more limited now than one might expect.

• 4 months later...

Are you ready for Red October...well I AM!!

My Yankees are in first place, and today, their magic number to earn them another Division Championship is...5, with only 10 games remaining in the regular season. 5 games ahead of their arch rivals, the Red Sox.

Super congrats to 'MO for his 602nd save, clinching him as the all-time Saves Record Holder. Is he the best Closer in all of MLB? Well...602 speaks for that. :bow:

We've done well for ourselves this year, and it appears that Red October is setting itself up, and the fans, as one wonderful time across the board. Will the Yankees land up in another World Series? I'm hoping for just that! Will they win this years World Series? As a Yankee fan, I of course say yes. As a realistic Yankee fan, let's wait to decide that once we see who we'll be facing because any team that's made it to the WS is no slouch of a team and they must be reckoned with a lot of respect from the boys in pinstripes!!

GO YANKEES!!

The Yankees have really poured it on. Boston and Tampa are still dangerous, though.

My pick this year goes to the Phillies, though. Awesome performances so far this year.

Its been kind of nice to listen to the Royals this year, with all the young talent they brought up. Next year it will be interesting to see what numbers those young guys put up with a full year under them. Now, just get the pitching decent.

Yes...Boston and Tampa are still dangerous...can't take them lightly at all. As I've always said, any team in the playoffs is there for a reason, and they must be treated with a lot of respect...or...you'll get your due deserts...a LOSS/SWEEP.

Royals have struggled for quite along time...they've only been to the WS twice, winning the WS in 1985. The Royals have been in last place in the division for the sixth time in seven years...ouchy. There not in last place now...there in 4th place in the AL Central out of 5 spots.

Phillies have gotten my attention since Red October is right over the corner. Their pitching staff are AWESOME, and this will task any team that faces them during the playoffs. Their win/loss ratio is better than the Yankees and their percentage is .36 than the Yankees. The tag team of Halladay and Lee scare the ding-a-ling out of me, even though they don't have the lowest ERA during regular season. Come Red October...their ERA's will drop...watch!!

GO YANKEES!!

Definitely excited for the Yankees. Can't wait for the postseason.

Congrats to Mr. Rivera. What a tremendous accomplishment and unbelievable career. It's great to see a record broken twice semi-recently by two professional ballplayers who haven't been touched by all of the steroid stuff. Mo is the best.

I discovered something really amazing the other day. Before the season, 45 ESPN experts predicted the division, wild card, pennant and World Series winners for this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks

45 out of 45 picked them to win the A.L. East. 43 of 45 picked them to win the pennant, which they could still do. 33 of 45 picked them to win the World Series, which they could. It's crazy. They were so heavily favored coming into the season.

Patrick

What a season wrap-up. Heartbreak for Boston and Atlanta, who had 8 1/2 and 9 1/2 game leads at one time, and elation for St. Louis and Tampa Bay. This should be fun to watch!