• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Take Me Out...Yes...It's BASEBALL!

sensei8

Guess what? If the Rangers don't win the World Series, Ranger catcher Bengie Molina will STILL get a World Series ring. Why? He played with the Giants before being traded to the Rangers on July 1, 2010. Plus, he'll get a ring for the Rangers winning the pennant if they don't win the World Series, and again, either way he'll get TWO RINGS!!

I agree with John Shea of SFGATE.com when he wrote..."Bengie Molina's charmed life..."

:)

That's pretty cool. Not a bad year for Molina.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB fans, you might like this interesting regarding the upcoming FREE AGENT info...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AgwXQQtclkdAlv8xA9yeIzc5nYcB?slug=jp-freeagenttracker110810

What do you think?

See anything you like/dislike?

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I saw the Yanks kept Jeter. I really can't see him being anything other than a Yankee, so good for them.

Jayson Werth signed with the Nationals, for quite a sum, and 7 years. Crazy.

Where did Dunn go?

Where will Cliff Lee end up? The loser of the Cliff Lee sweepstakes may be the winner in the Zack Greinke sweepstakes, though, much to my chagrin. That organization is never going to be good again.

Obviously, I am glad to see Jeter and Rivera remain with the Yankees. It would be hard to picture anything else.

I don't know why the public comments by the Yankee organization were necessary. I thought that wasn't handled as well as it should have been.

This was a unique free agency. The Yankees have never, ever, had to deal with signing a player with such a storied history and rapport with fans and symbolism with the organization in the history of the franchise.

Have to keep in mind that when most of the Yankee legends of the past were at this part of their career, free agency didn't exist. So, this was really the first time that the organization as a whole (let alone the current group running the show) has seen this.

While I don't feel they did a great job, they did get a deal signed and Jeter will be sticking around.

Patrick

Will the Yankees sign Cliff Lee? I don't know. After the Yankees upped their offer from 137.5 Million to 140 Million, the Rangers went to Arkansas to present their offers to Lee personally. That might make the difference!

I'm hoping that Lee would like to see himself in Yankee stripes, because that would benefit his MLB resume, imho.

Washington is quite sure of himself that Lee will stay as a Ranger.

Aren't negotiations just fun...and suspenseful? Heheheeheee

Go Yankees!!

Well...the wait is over. Cliff Lee has signed not with the Rangers or the Yankees, even though their offers were handsome. No! Cliff Lee has signed with his prior team...the Phillies; and for less money than what either the Rangers or the Yankees offered. I can respect that of Lee; money isn't his driving force after all.

GO YANKEES!!

Got to do what makes you happy. Definitely wanted him in New York - Sabathia and Lee would have been insane. Just like Halladay and Lee. I think, no matter where he signed, between those two teams, he would have been a part of the best duo in the game.

The Phillies rotation looks like it could be pretty special.

Patrick

It's not over as of yet for the Yankees' bid for Cliff Lee. Why? Well, I'm hoping that the Phillies in mid-season will trade Lee AGAIN, but this time to the Yankees. It's happened before to Lee; mid/late season trade! I don't think that that's too far fetched thinking of me, although it's way out there. Hey,but this is baseball and ANYTHING'S possible. So, I'm wishing on a star for now!

And yes, I agree with you Patrick....Sabathia and Lee would've been totally insane, and with Mo closing for them...whoa...I love it!!

:brow:

• 3 weeks later...