• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many black belts?

In my dojo we have 5 black belts, it consists of the teacher his wife and two sons then someone just recently promoted. Is this a small amount compared to your dojo or dojang?

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started Shotokan we had about 5-6 Balckbelts in class. When I made blackbet was sort of the high time of that Dojo we have over 10. When I quit giving public lessons last year we had one regular and one or two that I would see once a month or so. I have never advanced anyone to black belt myself. My first student will be readey to do so by this winter if all goes well.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

http://www.aitkd.com/2.htm (click GALLERY)

.... (4th pic down) just some of our black belts (1st, 2nd, 4th dan) pictured are 12 (I believe we have 18 total out of 300 (active) students

Owner/Master Inst. is 7th from left ....

Me ... 3rd one.

Notice the certificates hanging around the dojo. All black belts actively training are required to have them hanging at the school.

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-22 17:25 ]

LOL.....we have at most 2 or 3. That is the Owner of the dojo and usually one other. Depening on the night. The total number possible is around 6 or 7. They never come on the same night though. Most are training with others now or give private lessons.

So at most on a given night. 3.

:smile:

In my school, I think there is 10 or so adults. It's hard to count, because they don't show up all at the same time. I know there is our master (7th), Senior instructor (will be testing for 4th in oct), three 2nd dans, and at least 5 or 6 1st dans. We did loose 2 and will be loosing another to the military LOL. There is also 4 or 5 junior BB's.

Laurie F

In my instructors school there are anywhere from three to 10 black belts at any one time, but attendance by most is off and on due to their private training and other obligations. We have never had all of our black belts at the dojo at the same time. This is really sad since their are only 20 of us at that level.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."