• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Extra-Long Gi Pants?

I'm a tall woman (5' 10") and as such have been stuck wearing ill-fitting gi pants forever. Does anyone know of a brand of gi that makes a)women's sizes and b) comes in variable or extra-long inseam lengths? I need a 35" inseam in regular clothes, but for gi pants I'd be thrilled with anything longer than 33. My current ones are about 5" too short in the inseam.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I prefer short gi pants but I did stumble across something here. They where to me a bit pricey, I'll see if I cant find it again.

And your not tall :D

Hee hee! I always thought I was tall....in fact, I'm the 3rd tallest person in my karate class...the other 2 are men both over 6 feet.

For kumite and grappling I always get paired up with the men because the other ladies are way smaller than me. So I feel huge sometimes!

now I havent had a chance to get one to test out myself but found the add in classical fighting arts and surpriseing there was a web addy http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Products/Pages/Meijin_Pro.htm

Not sure how well they would do with grappling though. I dont really grapple. We train to avoid that situation and if it happens to get out of the way as fast as possible.

I hope this helps a bit.

I'm a tall woman (5' 10") and as such have been stuck wearing ill-fitting gi pants forever. Does anyone know of a brand of gi that makes a)women's sizes and b) comes in variable or extra-long inseam lengths? I need a 35" inseam in regular clothes, but for gi pants I'd be thrilled with anything longer than 33. My current ones are about 5" too short in the inseam.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I've seen threads on women's cut uniforms. You might want to search. I don't have any first hand experience with them. I think I've seen pants (not sure about full uniforms) with long, unfinished hems, but I don't remember where, and again, I have no first hand experience with them.

You don't mention... how wide you are. Finding 33" inseam pants is easy if you don't mind if they're wide. I assume you want something long, but relatively narrow. That's what I suggest you look for, a narrow cut uniform. Stay away from anything that says tournament cut as they always have shorter pants. We carry many tournament cut uniforms and wide standard cut uniforms, but only one or two that run on the narrow side.

From what you've said, without knowing your other dimensions, I would guess you need a size 5 that runs long or a size 6 that runs narrow. Just for reference, I checked one of our standard cut heavy weight uniforms in size 5, and it has a 32" gusseted inseam. Size 6 is probably about 2" longer. It's not particularly narrow though. Maybe you could find a 5.5 somewhere that'll work for you.

now I havent had a chance to get one to test out myself but found the add in classical fighting arts and surpriseing there was a web addy http://www.dragon-tsunami.org/Products/Pages/Meijin_Pro.htm

Not sure how well they would do with grappling though. I dont really grapple. We train to avoid that situation and if it happens to get out of the way as fast as possible.

I hope this helps a bit.

We've known the owners of Dragon Associates/Tsunami Productions for a very long time (decades). I'm not familiar with their Meijin line, but we carry their Tsunami videos and are very happy with their quality. The linked page shows the overall pant length but not the inseam. After looking at their charts, I would guess that they don't run particularly long or narrow, but you could check the measurements for yourself. On sale for $85, they're not that pricey. FYI, Dragon/Tsunami publishes Classical Fighting Arts Magazine.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Yeah, I guess narrow cut is what I would need. I wear a size 4 gi...tried a 5 but it was waaaaaaay too wide in the waist/hips and looked silly (but the length was perfect). I haven't had much luck finding a 4 in a long enough length...sigh. I'll keep looking! Thanks for your help!