• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question for Shotokan folks.

Dr. Frank

at my dojo every belt colour has to wear a white do-ghi! mine is to big for me becaus of my odd body shape i have to wear a size 7 ghi, so it doesn't sit how its meant to but my sensei said if i can get it to tie up i'm fine.

~Rhi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aesthetically, I prefer black. It's. Just. More. Sinister!

Doesn't get as dirty/easier to clean too. :)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

when I did kempo karate for 2 months last year i had a black gi, everyone did. The yellow belts there combined with a black gi reminded me of a bunch of bees. :lol:

i can't find my black gi now though......

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

Hi

At the club I teain to the Sensei allows any colour gi, we have students in white, black, red and blue.

When my girlfriend first started she had a Bugs Bunny gi.

As long as the person does their best and trains 100%, does it matter what colour there gi is.

Personally, I don't like the red and blue gis, just don't like the colour.

1987witherspoon wrote:

we have students in white, black, red and blue. When my girlfriend first started she had a Bugs Bunny gi.

In my school we wear only white, always. If we were allowed to choose, I wouldn't mind black. Red and blue, maybe I could get used to it, but Bugs Bunny??! I don't think so!! On the other hand, it would be hilarious to have a dojo full of cartoon characters sparring each other. Would Bugs Bunny beat Porky Pig? How about Wile e Coyote against the Roadrunner. The possibilities are endless. :lol:

Elmer Fudd vs Yosamite Sam :lol:

but tell me, anyone know why the color white = traditional Shotokan? Why do we wear white? All I know is that its a tradition. but what does white actually mean or represent?

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.