• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

gloves

dangerous365

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Isn't it a fairly central premise of Kyokushin- and I'm paraphrasing here, but not by much- that gloves are for the weak? The whole reasoning behind the method of sparring knockdown is that it lets Kyokushinkai students spar full-contact and bare-fisted without undue risk of injury. Being barefisted is sort of a big deal philosophically- I think you may catch a lot of flak from your senpai and sensei if you want to spar with gloves unless there's something anatomically wrong with your hands.

Edit- Oh, right! You're the guy who was asking about which dojo to try out. Of course you wouldn't know- you're brand new to Kyokushin! As far as bag gloves go, I've heard good things about Fairtex on the medium-low end and Hayabusa on the medium-high end, but I'm certainly no connoisseur.

When it comes to sparring gloves, I'd say the two main issues are what your sensei prefers for the dojo and what is required at any tournaments you might attend. For example, on the page you linked to, there are WKF approved and WTF approved gloves. I'd bet that the WKF style wouldn't be allowed at WTF events and vice versa.

Around here, you can usually purchase your gloves from your dojo. That's what I'd recommend, especially for beginners.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com