• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HELP!! what type of belt???

david123

i think i want a Hirota extra thick and wide satin black belt.

im a first dan and have a blitz belt.

i just want to know the benifits of each type and excatly how satin, silk and cotton belts wear down.

thanks

practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You cant go wrong with Hirota. You can not get any more Japanese than that.

Just keep in mind you will pay a pretty penny for it.

You do not need to be flexible to do a Jodan (head kick), if your opponent is already on the ground.

i think i want a Hirota extra thick and wide satin black belt.

im a first dan and have a blitz belt.

i just want to know the benifits of each type and excatly how satin, silk and cotton belts wear down.

thanks

Satin & Silk do not tend to last as long as cotton belts do. For me, I wouldn't spend money for an expensive belt that won't last long. That's why I get cotton belts.

I'm a big fan of EosinPanther.com. Like Shuredo, Hirota, & Toakido EosinPanther are not cheap belts. The quality is excellent. I own two of them & get compliments on them all the time.

EosinPanther asks customers if they want a stiff or a soft belt. Korean stylists tend to like a softer belt & Japanese/Okinawan stylists tend to like a stiffer belt. Stiff belt stick out more & softer belts tend to lay flat.

I don't work for Eosin Panther. I asked about belts on this same board in 2005 & folks directed me to them. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny. IMO

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

When I get my black belt (a few years from now) I plan on getting a kataaro belt. They're cotton (although they do offer a satin covered black belt-- very expensive) and are very well made and good and thick. I may even get my brown belt from them since at my school we're brown belts for a year and a half to two years, so a good quality brown belt would be worth the extra 10 bucks. http://www.kataaro.com/Default.aspx

• 1 month later...

at TSKF dojos in australia we get BB ((once reached that level)) with our names on them and they are personally given to us by Shihan Takahashi. we don't have a choice in what type of belt we want. Ours comes all the way from Japan.

~Rhi

• 2 years later...
at TSKF dojos in australia we get BB ((once reached that level)) with our names on them and they are personally given to us by Shihan Takahashi. we don't have a choice in what type of belt we want. Ours comes all the way from Japan.

They get given Tokaido brand belts. I know because I obtained by Shodan at TSKF under Shihan Takahashi myself :)

- Chris

My master got me a 2" wide embroidered cotton belt. He said the Satin/Silk will keep getting undone and, honestly, the "frayed" look is only for that... looks.

So that's what I got. I have a silk belt as well that I use for "ceremonial" events (witnessing new black belts, judging tournements, etc...) but even then, I tend to just wear my cotton one.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█