• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are some good training drills to condition your body, gain speed, and power needed for kickboxing? Even if they are not drills, they can be things like, bag work, jump rope, anything like that. I'm just looking for some new things to add to my training that i may have not known of.

Thanks

~BladeLee~

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

umm this is just one I do, not sure if you'll like it. 60, 45, 30 front leg kicks. You have a small pad (about 20*10cm) either someone holding it or it attached to something. I use front snap kick, turning kick/roundhouse and side kick all off the front leg. So start off turning kick for example, assume your stance, and kick with correct technique 60 times, no rest, 45 kicks correct technique, 15 sec rest (if needed), 30 kicks correct technique, swap legs, same thing, change kick, do it all over again. And once this can be done semi-easily you try and see how many kicks (correct technique) you can do in 60, 45, 30 seconds. Most important thing is correct technique since 1000 kicks done incorrectly is much worse than no kicks at all. The daughter of the guy i train with can do 90+ front leg turning kicks (proper technique) without ever putting her leg down in under 45 seconds (damn i wish i could do that).

Oh just thought i'd add that the reason i do them all off the front leg is because most people don't learn the front leg and once you develop the front leg technique you've already got the back leg since all back leg kicks have to move into the same position anyway.

[ This Message was edited by: eXcerion on 2002-08-02 05:15 ]