• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting very busy.

Dr. Frank

Been training since 1973 but only recently (last summer) did I start teaching. Head instructor asked me to take over 2 classes when the previous guy wanted to step down. OK, so far no problem.

Then last week he tells me he is opening a new dojo across town. Can I teach a couple of classes at the new location? Um... OK.

Then I saw that the college where I work had karate classes in the catalog but not on the current schedule. Called the dean and learned that because of state law on transfer credits the instructor must have at least a masters degree in an academic field in addition to martial arts credentials so they didn't have anyone to teach the class. I offered my services. I was thinking 1 or 2 classes per week.

The dean called and asked if I could do 4 classes. My policy in the workplace to ensure continued employment is that whenever a superior makes a request of me my answer is... yes.

So, it looks like I will be teaching 8 classes in 3 different locations. I do get paid for this and it's starting to be some serious money.

Hope I live long enough to enjoy it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good Luck and Good job!!

Wish I could get lucky like that. Not sure how much longer my body can withstand working for cable. Climbing poles, ladders, crawling in crawlspaces and stuff is hard on ones body.

Defiantly need to look into opening up some classes again.

So, it looks like I will be teaching 8 classes in 3 different locations. I do get paid for this and it's starting to be some serious money.

You have a job already and are looking at a lot of part-time work. Hmmm . . . In this economy, it's "Dr. Frank & Mr. Lucky." :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

These 4 added classes will put me at 166% of full-time. Plus the 4 classes at the private school... yes, I have all the work I can handle and believe me, I am grateful everyday that I have a job. A job that I enjoy and pays enough to actually survive. I know it's tough out there for a lot of folks and my heart goes out to everyone struggling to get by. I have been there several times in my life.