• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hours in class...

How many hours a week do you spend in the dojo on averege? What days of the week do you go and are there differnt class% ,childrens...) :wink:

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When I was comming up my Shotokan ranks we had classes all the time 1 2 Hr class on M,W, and F, and 2 2Hr classes on T and TR. So basically 14 hrs a week in the summer. I could not make the mourning classes in the winter cause of school.

However most schools only teach about 6-10 Hr week here. No one does it to make a living at just as extra pay and fun.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

See, in my school, I go on sun. mornings really early for 1.5 hrs, then monday and thursday, I go from 4:30 to 8:30, thats only like eight or so hrs a week, but when I move up in my ranks I will be spending extra time in class until school starts. Only about three people do all the class cause there are two on mon&thur that they can choose from, plus a high rank class mon and thur.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

I've had to cut down to eight hours because of work, but once I get to Uni I'll hopefully be going full pelt again, so it'll be fourteen horus total once again with an extra hour or two every coupld of days just hiring a hall and training with friends.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

In tae kwon do, I usually take one juniors class and one adult class per week. I have had to cut down a bit this summer. I work at my dojang Fridays from 3:30 to 7:15 and Saturdays from 10:00 to 1:15. I try to practice at home as much as I can, and occasionally there are weeks where I go to class every night. Since I'm under 17, it all depends on where my parents want to drive me.

In BJJ, I take two classes a week because thet's all my school offers. I am going to begin taking more private lessons.

I guess my average at the studio is 10 hours a week. In the summer they have a little kids camp, and I was helping out at that so that adds a lot more hours - 15 a week, 30 total if I help at the August camp as well.

:kiss:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

My normal classes are tuesday and thursday, noon to 1. Saturday 10:50 to 11:50.

But I try to attend one night class a week (usually monday 7:45 or friday at 5:30), because my hunny takes the night classes cause he works during the day, and I work at night. When he's off, he takes my classes.

So, on average, I go 4 hours a week, plus I do three to four hours a week in the gym (usually mondays and wednsdays noonish till I get pooped). But, I will be adding to those hours (in the dojang) when I start taking the instructors program next fall.

Laurie S.

Green belt TKD

(formally 5th gup blue belt TSD)

[ This Message was edited by: karatekid1975 on 2002-07-21 20:16 ]

Laurie F

I used to be able to spend 5 hours a week in class, but they cut back and rearanged the classes and got rid of the 1 1/2 class and of the sparring class so NOW its only 3-4 hours a week :sad:

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.

And your complaining :???:

I can only do 1 kickboxing seesion that last 1 hour and 2 shotokan classes which both last 1 hour plus I have to take the train to get to the shotokan classes and come back at about 10 getting back on the rough trains with thugs of kids hanging around, but for me its worth having the hassel now so that I can teach shotokan when I am older.