WireFrame

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow i am going to start okinawa shidokan karate. But today i am a bit scared about starting... For 2 weeks i was very eager to start, i searched the net for many styles and dojos to find what suites me best, i didnt want to just go to a dojo near me. But now i dont feel so certain... i am thinking will i be humiliated? or will i crash my glasses? Because i am a bit clumsy in spots, i am the guy that without intense hurts the other players... And my body also doesnt help i am 1.92 m and 110kg!

The good think is that i learnt some japanese words :lol:

Edited by sokrates

Humility improves judgement. Confidence fosters courage. Humility and confidence are not mutually exclusive.

I dread getting cranked on the toes doing mea geri. Hurts like stink. Last time it happened it took me three months before completing the first move in Empi didn't make me see stars.

we all have our moments

Do fear and humility go hand in hand?

I think think that respect and humility are more related than fear and humility, but do you have something in mind relating the latter, Heidi?

Fear involves the thought of either losing or not getting something desired...this is driven by our self-centered ego. Humility involves learning to let ego go...and while seemingly opposed, you can't have one without the other.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Humility improves judgement. Confidence fosters courage. Humility and confidence are not mutually exclusive.

I dread getting cranked on the toes doing mea geri. Hurts like stink. Last time it happened it took me three months before completing the first move in Empi didn't make me see stars.

Ouch. I dislike Mae Geri and Mawashi Geri for the same reasons. Yoko Geri and Ushiro Geri on the other hand - lovely kicks!

Tomorrow i am going to start okinawa shidokan karate. But today i am a bit scared about starting... For 2 weeks i was very eager to start, i searched the net for many styles and dojos to find what suites me best, i didnt want to just go to a dojo near me. But now i dont feel so certain... i am thinking will i be humiliated? or will i crash my glasses? Because i am a bit clumsy in spots, i am the guy that without intense hurts the other players... And my body also doesnt help i am 1.92 m and 110kg!

The good think is that i learnt some japanese words :lol:

Good luck!!! Don't worry about it-- no one expects you to walk in and be Bruce Lee on your first day. Unless you go to like an exclusive MMA club or something, people are going to be all different shapes and sizes and the majority of them are just going to be there to have fun and get some exercise. No one's in the business of judging brand new beginners. I'm sure you're going to love it. Just don't go too hard on your self for the first few weeks until you learn where you're at and what to expect of yourself. If you go in there expecting too much, you're sure to be disappointed. Just go with the flow and have no expectations until you learn what's what and you'll have a blast!