• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feeling depressed

ad

i personally have a problem with depression

me being in the teens feel maybe its just me going through puberty but i feel that this depression is so much that i feel that puberty cant be the problem

i have a tendency of having every little thing wrong disturbing me, say if a friend ignores me, or refuses to talk, these kind of things will be on my mind forever and as days go by i get more and more depressed with these little things, it becoming so bad that i have trouble getting up in the morning

does anyone know what i am talking about

and does anyone feel the same way

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well Im not in that boat I don't think I have ever been depressed. I mean no more than death of a loved oner, break up, etc would cause. I always look at the glass as being half full. Have faith things happen for the best. Always find the good and there is always good.

If all else don't work buy the CD of Men Without Hats and play Saftey Dance over and over you will feel better no question.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-07-20 21:15 ]

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

They, the experts, say that the teenage years can be rough for some kids. I am by far no expert in depression or how and why people feel the way they do. However, keep in mind that you have plenty of years ahead of you to enjoy everything there is to enjoy in life. There will be ups and downs so just try to flow with them and I'm sure everything will work itself out. :smile:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

No Ad I don't think it is a teen thing or even a male teen thing. Many of us go through dark periods. I know that I certainly have. Something comes along that you can latch onto or get interested in and climb out of the hole with. New activities are really good for this.

I have a strange philosophy about life. I see it kind of like jumping on a tramoline full of ups and downs. Then sometimes you take a bad bounce on your own or someone jumps on with you at the wrong time and you either land on the springs or hit the floor.

So you are hurt sometimes to varying degrees. There are times those around you can help you right back up. Then other times you are hurt so badly that all you can do is lay on the hard floor and look up at the bottom of the tramp.

Eventually you crawl back up on your own or with a bit of help.

Just my two cents worth.

One of my coaches told me along time ago that growing up is the hardest thing well ever have to do. As long as we make it past our teens its all cake :wink:

I went to like 6 different school between 6th and 10th grade.

I hadnt had a reason to get up in the morning my entire teenage life. I was kicked out of a few schools simply because i wouldnt show up at all. (till 1 or 2 in the afternoon)

Hang in there bro.

i understand what all of you are saying

but at the moment it seems that this depression is coming from just one person in particular, and it makes me even more angry that this person is actually getting me down, though i know that even if it wasnt this person who is making me down, i would likely find another reason for why i would be down, i can never actually say to myself "nothing is bothering me". i feel as if i just want to destroy this person in particular and the rage within me get bigger and bigger, and makes more violent which i certainly do not like

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

It's not a teen thing. I have had depression like that. I think what helped me was MA. It took my mind off it, got me in shape, and I feel better about myself. Plus practicing on my own, working, and studying, I simply don't have time to be depressed. I don't think about it.

Laurie F

No question MA or sports in general is a great out. Lets you relax and burn off the negative energy.